DW20 ModPack v1.0.14 can't find Blizzes :(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i'm trying to make a Blizz farm using MFR MobSpawner, but i've spent some nights on taiga biomes with no luck, does anyone knows if Blizzes are bugged? i know i can make blizz powder infusing snowballs but i don't want to do that... thanks for the help :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You need a colder biome than that. Try a glacier or something similar.

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019
Cooler biome?... would Alps biome do? if that's the case i haven't seen any there either but i'll double check... for glacier i would need to make an age with mystcraft, i'll give it a try... thanks i'll write back if i find one...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You need a colder biome than that. Try a glacier or something similar.
So they DO spawn!

But we're talking about cold enough that if you see water, don't take a tip, it's likely gellied cryo-stuff.

Cold Biomes aren't easy to come by in vanilla. There is the Taiga, but that's not cold enough. A good choice IMO would be the biome in Twilight Forest where Penguins naturally spawn.

If that's too far off, then a bit of Blood Magic will suffice. There is a Ritual that can change Biomes by altering the traits of your current one. It will default to Plains if it can't find a good choice within the selections you have made, but that's hardly an issue if you have BoP installed IIRC. Get to your Taiga and use that ritual and make it even colder!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So they DO spawn!

Yes, but they're quite rare as the biomes that are cold enough are fairly rare. The only place I have ever seen them is in a glacier, which was tiny.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I read somewhere that they only spawn on snow blocks, as in the ones you make by crafting 2x2 snow balls. And only on cold biomes as well.

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019
If that's too far off, then a bit of Blood Magic will suffice. There is a Ritual that can change Biomes by altering the traits of your current one. It will default to Plains if it can't find a good choice within the selections you have made, but that's hardly an issue if you have BoP installed IIRC. Get to your Taiga and use that ritual and make it even colder!

Blood Magic?, Rituals?, huh? what mod are you talking about? is it in DW20 pack?

And here is the proof, i just made my Glacier Biome using Mystcraft, search around and... Gotcha!!!

iB2684163-A7B1-49C8-8CAC-B9333061C86F.jpg

i0CF1B522-2F11-41CB-9C89-A8CA5B6B6256.jpg

I'm a Happy miner now :D, who want's a cold Pina Colada?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I read somewhere that they only spawn on snow blocks, as in the ones you make by crafting 2x2 snow balls. And only on cold biomes as well.
Interesting... Then my strategy would be somewhat flawed...

Off to that BoP Biome with Ice Trees and Snowmen Naturally Spawning![DOUBLEPOST=1392763289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Blood Magic?, Rituals?, huh? what mod are you talking about? is it in DW20 pack?

And here is the proof, i just made my Glacier Biome using Mystcraft, search around and... Gotcha!!!

iB2684163-A7B1-49C8-8CAC-B9333061C86F.jpg

i0CF1B522-2F11-41CB-9C89-A8CA5B6B6256.jpg

I'm a Happy miner now :D, who want's a cold Pina Colada?
Blood Magic, the mod by @WayofTime that you won't find in Direwolf20's list because he is only slightly less stuck in his ways then the Minecrack players. It's a great mod, though, and even if Direwolf is an old hat stuck in his ways, you should try it out some time. Noteworthy features includes No GUI Elements for anything in the mod, and in world crafting as much as possible. Super fun, though.

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019

I did use Snow Block as my Standar Terrain Block so that might have helped too... also the Spheres on this age are made of snow and they spawned on top of thous speheres, i didn't saw any on the ground...[DOUBLEPOST=1392763538][/DOUBLEPOST]
Blood Magic, the mod by @WayofTime that you won't find in Direwolf20's list because he is only slightly less stuck in his ways then the Minecrack players. It's a great mod, though, and even if Direwolf is an old hat stuck in his ways, you should try it out some time. Noteworthy features includes No GUI Elements for anything in the mod, and in world crafting as much as possible. Super fun, though.

Nice, is there any mod pack on FTB that has Blood Magic?... thanks i will try it, after i'm done with DW20 mod pack :)

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I did use Snow Block as my Standar Terrain Block so that might have helped too... also the Spheres on this age are made of snow and they spawned on top of thous speheres, i didn't saw any on the ground...[DOUBLEPOST=1392763538][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nice, is there any mod pack on FTB that has Blood Magic?... thanks i will try it, after i'm done with DW20 mod pack :)
Monster (i think) and Magic farm and i think more of the reason DW20 doesnt use it is because he has a family friendly channel and a mod based around hurting one's self wouldn't really go over too well

Reactions: PierceSG

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019
Monster (i think) and Magic farm and i think more of the reason DW20 doesnt use it is because he has a family friendly channel and a mod based around hurting one's self wouldn't really go over too well

Thank you very much :D

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

As the others have said, there are a few packs with it, and I believe that Horizons also has it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Meh. In his modpack there's the ability to mass murder humanoids by melting them into emeralds, several heartless methods of processing animals, and did you ever think that killing zombies and eating their flesh is actually quite disturbing in the first place? Let's not even get into the creepiness of villager "breeding".

I've truly seen more "blood" from Tinker's Construct than Blood Magic because random mobs kept hopping into my outdoor smeltery.

Last edited:

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized, I have never seen a single Blizz spawn .... ever, in the entire time I've been playing with TE3.

Maybe their spawn conditions are a little bit too restrictive? I don't have any Biome mods in the world I'm playing, so is there even a vanilla biome cold enough for them to spawn?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized, I have never seen a single Blizz spawn .... ever, in the entire time I've been playing with TE3.

Maybe their spawn conditions are a little bit too restrictive? I don't have any Biome mods in the world I'm playing, so is there even a vanilla biome cold enough for them to spawn?
That's the boat I'm in since I'm not using biome mods anymore. If you have Twilight Forest installed, the biome with penguins and aura blocks supposedly can spawn them. I've only seen them in tundra or Glacier biomes in BoP.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yeah, I've never seen them in the Twilight Forest around those penguins, regardless of how much time I spent there. It could be linked to full snow blocks being required for spawning, but that'll require some testing to confirm.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
No twilight forest either. I think I may be unable to legitimately get blizzes unless there is a vanilla method, or a mystcraft way that doesn't rely on BoP/Twilight Forest pages.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
No twilight forest either. I think I may be unable to legitimately get blizzes unless there is a vanilla method, or a mystcraft way that doesn't rely on BoP/Twilight Forest pages.
This may be a genuine issue. I have no clue as to the rules of Blizz spawning and my brief search through the cofh configs yielded no blizz spawning parameters. I presume there is a method of spawning legitimately since Lite modpacks usually have TE but no biome mods. But stranger things have happened.