DW20 + Ars Magica - Nice Seed

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i went about installing Ars Magica in the DW20 Pack, and i got a nice little surprise, when i created a world with the seed: MAGIC, MOTHERFUCKER! (number -1371960037)

You spawn right next to a nice RP2 Volcano, there's a village nearby... It has a Thaumcraft & an Ars Magica villager, with three farms, having Wheat, Carrots and Potatoes. There's also a Beekeeper Villager, but sadly, no Blacksmiths.

Close to the Village, there's a Thaumcraft dungeon, which i didn't explore to see the loot yet, but will update when i loot the dungeon and see which loot i get. Unremarkable loot. 8 Knowledge Fragments, Saddle, bunch of Music Disks, Thaumium Pickaxe and a Thaumium Ingot. Definitely seen much better loot, but hey, the rest of the seed compensates!

But the real GEM of the seed, is that mass of Ice you see next to the volcano.

I NEVER saw this structure generate in any of the Ars Magica worlds i seen people playing in. It's a massive BLOCK of ice, that goes from the bottom of the ocean floor to the surface, and there are a lot of chests enclosed in the ice, which contain Spell Recipes!

When i saw it, i thought that at first it might be a chunk error. But then i stepped on the ice, and when start breaking it, lo and behold, tons of chests with Spell Recipes inside of them!

The Biomes nearby are Savanna & Rainforest, but to the east there's a little Swampland. Cows, Sheep and Pig near the village, which is less than 100 meters from spawn.

Pics to come later, i'm getting errors trying to upload them.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Dude I've found several blocks of ice in the ocean and I too thought it was an error! Damn I don't know to find them now...

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, find them. I found like, 10+ Spell Recipes, a lot of the Journals, the Attunement thingmajobs affinity tomes, and essences. I also have loads of chests now hahahaha!

Interestingly enough, i found that the Ice Block is not entirely solid, it's full of holes inside, which i believe are meant to be explored, like an ice maze. It's pretty nice. I'm very happy with this seed, if you're not far in your world, this seed is definitely worth a restart. It's awesome. I forgot to mention but there's also a Ravine nearby. This seed has it all.

Reactions: vasouv