DW20 5.1.1 Apatite World Gen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

I just recently started a new world with DW20 5.1.1 and just got my quarry started up. I just realized I haven't mined (either using the quarry or by hand) a single piece of apatite. I have taken a look at the forestry config files and it says apatite generation is on. My last game pre 5.1.1 was generating apatite fine when i was playing in a redwood/desert biome.

Is apatite only limited to certain biomes? or has there been a bug introduced with 5.1.1? I am currently playing in a medows / ice plains biome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Auch.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Apatite gen has changed; it spawns in large veins (think Factorization silver), but of course they are quite a bit rarer. I would guess you just haven't found any yet.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Apatite gen has changed; it spawns in large veins (think Factorization silver), but of course they are quite a bit rarer. I would guess you just haven't found any yet.

Not finding any in a quarry (even a default sized quarry) is a bit odd, although I believe it only spawns above... 64y? That may be part of the issue.

That aside, though, I have not heard of anyone having any issues on the DW20 pack finding apatite, so it is possible you have just not found any, even if it is unlikely. Perhaps run around searching for some highland caves (above 64y or so, etc) and see if you can find any veins that way.

Good luck!

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Omega,

Thanks for the info. What y-level is it found on the most? Any other tips for finding it would be great.

Auch.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Omega,

Thanks for the info. What y-level is it found on the most? Any other tips for finding it would be great.

Auch.

Here you go:

From http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=other:eek:regeneration:
Apatite
Apatite is a phosphate mineral that is commonly used in Fertilizer.
It occurs on large, but uncommon veins in layers above level 60, and when mined with a Pickaxe, it drops between 1 and 5 Apatite, which can then be used for making Fertilizer.
Fortune can be used to increase drop rates, and Silk Touch can also be used to obtain the block instead of the gem (this can be useful for storage purposes).
Apatite Ore blocks cannot be smelted.

An Apatite Ore vein.

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
Ah above 60 thats the problem :( my meadows is only on Y-64-ish so my quarry only had a couple of levels to mine in the layers it spawns. I think Ill move my quarry then. Thanks guys.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ah above 60 thats the problem :( my meadows is only on Y-64-ish so my quarry only had a couple of levels to mine in the layers it spawns. I think Ill move my quarry then. Thanks guys.

That'll do. But, as an aside: What do you need apatite for in quantities high enough to be worth getting thousands more dirt/cobblestone in moving your quarry to a higher location?

If you need some for fertilizer, I'd suggest going on a run to the highlands and mining a few stacks (you only need to hit one ore vein, especially so if you have fortune or higher on your pickaxe) manually and leaving your quarry where it is, as it'll keep from wasting so much energy on it.

If you need a LOT of it, then I could see moving the quarry. Good luck either way.

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have five 40x40 quarries dug in a flat myscraft age, so the surface is y=128, and you can see lots of apatite in the walls until about half way down, then decent ore starts.

Having said that, those 5 quarries have between them pulled 13,000 apatite out of the ground. I have 1 multiblock orchard that uses it. Its a good job it has the crystal aspect on it for thaumcraft.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Go find an extreme hill biome and search the hillside stone wall for blueish ores.