Bug DW20 1.7.10 - IC2 Nano Armour + TC4.2 Runic Charges (Baubles)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
  • TC4.2 runic charges absorb damage.
  • IC2 nano armour takes durability based on damage taken.
  • When damage is taken, runic charges are used, durability is taken from nano armour.
  • Charge on nano armour does not register damage.

i.e. My nano pants @ 100% charge, but no durability, broke. Incompatibility issues?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Does this happen when you take the runic rings off? If not, I'd check Azanor's bug tracker to see if it's a known issue.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
The reality is that the nano armour has taken no damage. If I remove the rings, then let my nano armour take damage, the armour automatically goes back to full durability/charge minus a little from the hit.

The problem, is that if you take a bit of damage periodically, such that you never pass your runic charges, your armour will simply deplete itself. i.e. You have to update the armour every once in a while, by taking off your runic pieces.

Take the runic off, let something hit you, voila they update to full minus a but from the hit, put the runic items back on.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Huh. Weird.

Sounds like a bug to me- my guess is that Thaumcraft is taking whatever damage gets through the runic shielding and directly adjusting the armor's metadata to absorb the rest, which would work fine for vanilla armor. However, as the charge in IC2's armor is stored in NBT data and the metadata is just there so the damage bar works, depleting it doesn't actually affect the charge in any way. In any case, this is certainly something that either Azanor or the IC2 developers should hear about if they aren't aware of it already.

I saw a screenshot of an MPS helmet (which typically has no damage bar) that had been damaged to some extent due to a bug in Twilight Forest, so I'm guessing the same thing is happening here.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
My main question:

Does runic charge completely negate damage until all charge is used? If that is the case, then IC2 armour is trying to register non-damage, and thus takes durability, but not charge damage (since it is confused). MC still registers the NBT/meta of durability reaching zero, and breaks the item.

This is why I am thinking it is a compatibility issue.

CreativeGuy2013

Sep 7, 2014
In the World of CRAZIENESS!
this is on ic2's side so i would go bug player on irc or on the bug tracker. tell him he is not regestering his nano suit properly and he should please make it unbreakable to fix this bug. unbreakable not equal to 'will never lose power' but equal to will not break if empty. always at least 2 durability at any time.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
mZrzjKi.png

TBSUjS3.png

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
You may or may not be able to see that I have runic charges, as shown by the orange runic text over my hearts.