[DW20 1.6.4] The Life of a Squid

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
So, I started a new world on the direwolf20 modpack (with blloood magic installed) and spawned in the middle of an ocean. Instead of scrapping the world and trying again, i decided to go along with it. To make my life a little easier, I went creative and killed a squid for its morph. Also, after trying to mine some blocks, I decided I needed aqua affinity, so I spawned in a monocle and put aqua affinity X on it. (squid morph should have aqua affinity on it by default IMO) I am also giving myself night vision potions for more visible screenshots. I will eventually switch to an ars magica spell or something, but it works for now.

So I decided to start documenting my progress about halfway through my epic journey, so bear with me here. When I spawned in and got set up, I found a lot of railcraft abyssal stone underwater, and investigated a couple. I found a few oreberries growing and decided to take them with. I decided i wanted to find land as a first priority, so I started swimming south. I found some coral reefs, which are really pretty.

TX1d92a.png

Despite their beauty, aboslutely none of it is edible. Which is a shame because I'm dying over here. I also found a kelp forest:

EwIl42o.png

Alright, after all of the pretty biomes, I continue swimming, until I notice strange tunnel-like structures on my minimap. Upon investigation:

ppyFJAt.png

OH MY GOD IT'S WOOD. I gather a few pieces then find this:

uJcKGwe.png

COBWEBS!!! If I get a sword, I can get some string! and with that string, I can craft a fishing pole! I can get food in this watery wasteland!

Oh, and this place looks really interesting in the cavemap:

kfjzldP.png

Anyways, back to the game: Lets get some freaking food already!

Mu4Rxaq.png

OH SWEET LIFEBLOOD

h8zFpTO.png

Only one hunger? screw that. I'm cooking this stuff.

FKfVAai.png

Just an inventory update after gathering some stone and crafting a furnace:

5Ced158.png

Just gathering 3 fish so I can smelt with optimal efficiency. I don't have infinite wood, after all.

xRRwGma.png

Smelting the first batch!

OgTvvxY.png

I cooked two batches of three fish, and Yay! I'm regenerating health! oh frabjous day!

L1nYDHS.jpg

Just thought I'd mention this at the end here, but I crafted a stone pick to go with my axe.

That's all for nowI I have a stable source of food, some wood and decent tools. I'm going to gather more wood and stone as well as get some tinkers construct going for now, so post what I should do next!

EDIT: does anyone know if I can resize images on these forums? it will get annoying to have to do it manually.

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Update: decided against doing tinkers construct until I get a more permanent settlement as all of the patterns would just fill my inventory. I did loot some of the railcraft geode things and got 5 diamonds and 5 emeralds, as well as a stack of wood and a black backpack from project red. I also looted a few caves and my inventory looks like this now:
RxI6Nki.png

Reactions: PhantomRage

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
So, I'm going to update the modpack as I'm using a really depreciated version, and the arcane compendium text is irritating me. My next goal is to find a nice place to settle down and make tinkers construct stuff and a portal to the twilight forest. I will make an RP recipe for grass, one raw fish + 1 dirt = 1 grass block. That way I can get the necessary materials without going to dry land.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright, I know what happened. I was trying to start a world with some ars magica starter stuff, and had made one, but had the roughelike dungeons mod installed, which I thought I uninstalled due to lack of modded dungeon loot, making it not fit in too well. After I screwed around for a good hour or two, I deleted that world, uninstalled the dungeon mod, and made a new world with the same name, and spawned at the bottom of an ocean. I later deleted the world because I thought that it was teh world that I was screwing around on. Oops. I will do another go, so anyone have a good seed for me? I don't have the seed for the previous world anymore.