[DW20 1.5.2 Beta Pack] Is this a bug or did TConstruct change it?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I was making the cast for the Lumber Axe but when I put it in the table and put 3 aluminum and 1 copper, I can't pour it to the pattern. I did the other way which put the pattern in the part builder and put the material which is cobble and put it in the table and pour it but the patterns of the Lumber Axe can't be made by the beginning game materials so I have to cast them in the smeltery. Did TConstruct change the way we make cast now or this is just a bug. If it is a bug please move this post to the modpack bug discussion.

Oh yeah I forgot, I did break the table and put it back again and it didn't work so I break the faucet and put it again and it didn't work. :(

[EDIT] If you don't know what I'm saying (I'm Asian sorry :D) I can make a video just tell me :D

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like you're trying to pour the aluminum brass into a pattern. What you should be doing it pouring it into an empty table to make a blank pattern, then making it into the stencil pattern you want. You can then use the aluminum brass pattern in the casting table and pour your material of choice on top.

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like you're trying to pour the aluminum brass into a pattern. What you should be doing it pouring it into an empty table to make a blank pattern, then making it into the stencil pattern you want. You can then use the aluminum brass pattern in the casting table and pour your material of choice on top.
Dude you can't the only thing you can make with the blank cast in the stencil table is the ingot cast. In 1.5.2 beta you can pour aluminum brass in the pattern.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem with this also. I am trying to make a iron pick axe. I put the pickaxe head stencil in the table and put a iron ingot in, and nothing happens. I can put sticks in and get a wooden pickaxe head. Just won't work with iron. Has something changed in 1.52?

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Whoops, sorry. I was using an older version than I thought, I'll have to play around with the new one a bit.

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a problem with this also. I am trying to make a iron pick axe. I put the pickaxe head stencil in the table and put a iron ingot in, and nothing happens. I can put sticks in and get a wooden pickaxe head. Just won't work with iron. Has something changed in 1.52?
are you using the new modpacks like Unleashed and DW20 If you are using the 15wngt you have to pour aluminum brass in the pattern then pour iron[DOUBLEPOST=1374725994][/DOUBLEPOST]I know that Unleashed players have problems with this too because I was watching jonbams in twitch and he was having troubles pouring so he had to do the second way.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the direwolf20 beta pack, so i have to build a smelter just to make a iron pickaxe now? You can't just add the ingot to with the wooden pattern in the table?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
wait, i might search the book if they change something but now I have to find it. Damn I need a AE system.

[EDIT] Ok, I found the the Mighty Smelting book and it says " Other part casts must be created by pouring metal around existing parts, like a pickaxe head." I don't understand it? I'm confused o_O

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the direwolf20 beta pack, so i have to build a smelter just to make a iron pickaxe now? You can't just add the ingot to with the wooden pattern in the table?
do you mean vanilla pickaxes cause they are still the same You dont need a smeltery to make a iron pickaxe

Darksider69_2012

Jul 29, 2019
you need to make blank patern using 2 sticks and 2 planks in the crafting table. then use the blank pattern in the Stencile Table to get a patern you want. then the part builder and some cobble to get a cobble replica of the part you want.. place the cobble part in to the casting table and click the aluminum brass on to the cobble part. this will make the cast you need to poor your metals in to your given shape.

updated for more information and correct items to use and benches to use

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
you need to make blank cast using 2 sticks and 2 planks of the part you need. then create the part using cobble.. place the cobble part in to the poring table and click the aluminum brass on to the cobble part. this will make the cast you need to poor your metals in to your given shape.
The only problem is Tough Binding Pattern, Broad Axe Head, and Tough Tool Rod from Lumber Axe can't be crafted by cobble and any other materials I think.

Hiddenpaw

Jul 29, 2019
something you could try which i saw direwolf do is make a flint pickaxe head and pour aluminum brass around it ( if this has already been posted then i didnt see it)

Darksider69_2012

Jul 29, 2019
ok just found out. once you ahve the tought tool rood and tough tool binding pattern you need to use 3 stone to get the tough tool replica you need to then poor the aluminum brass on to

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to make a iron pickaxe with TC. I have the wooden pattern, but when i put them into parts builder with a
iron ingot nothing happens.

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to make a iron pickaxe with TC. I have the wooden pattern, but when i put them into parts builder with a
You put cobble and he you get get your pickaxe put it on the pouring table and then smelt the iron the smeltery and you pour that cast[DOUBLEPOST=1374734490][/DOUBLEPOST]Should I make tinkers construct help forum

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem is Tough Binding Pattern, Broad Axe Head, and Tough Tool Rod from Lumber Axe can't be crafted by cobble and any other materials I think.

Tier 2 parts like those require more than just one of a material to craft. If you look at the template, the tooltip should say how many. For example, for the broad axe head, you'll need 8 of the material, so you have to put 8 cobble into the table to make the cobble broad axe head.

Making a part out of iron or any other metal requires casting it from the smeltery.