Dull shard

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I also think you can use them for Wands of the Apprentice (no idea why you'd want any, though,) though they might have removed that.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The only things they can be used for is in place of generic shards (where type doesn't matter, such as wands), and in the crystal capacitor (which needs 8 per). This makes them useful for vis retention, and to preserve other shards, in times of crisis.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I just recycled our as the GT generator split out them as "byproducts" once they're done "burning" finally a way to get rid of those stupid shards. TC3 isn't as useful as TC2. Ahh the days when you could dupe things if you had a good enough "vis farm" . The machines were also cool and could be Fully automated with simple BC pipes.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but you can't argue that the wands and golems are really worth it, and that the research system is many times more interesting than the old "spam cobble generator on the thing".

Crystal capacitors are a really good way to actually store vis, as pointed above, and you want a lot of vis for some of the thaumcraft things, like the bore.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I also think you can use them for Wands of the Apprentice (no idea why you'd want any, though,) though they might have removed that.

Among other things, a wand of apprentice is required for every other wand, and thus by extension all the special tools.

Reactions: Whovian