Draining partial ingots.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Will I lose my cast?

And how should I handle partial ingots properly?

TStruct is horribly undocumented for such a good mod. And somehow I didn't get volume 2 of the trilogy.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Will I lose my cast? No

And how should I handle partial ingots properly? Add more metal or break the cast

TStruct is horribly undocumented for such a good mod. And somehow I didn't get volume 2 of the trilogy.
A lot of mods lack documentation, its a trend.

I've found that crafting the building stations yourself unlocks the manuals. IE making the wooden crafting blocks instead of taking them from a village, making a smeltery from scratch instead of taking it from a village. There may be another way, but when I had the same issue, crafting the mod's work bench blocks unlocked the manuals

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I crafted my own smeltery and the 4 work bench things. I got vol. 1 and vol. 3, but not vol. 2.

And I heard you could store it in seared glass (?)

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I crafted my own smeltery and the 4 work bench things. I got vol. 1 and vol. 3, but not vol. 2.

And I heard you could store it in seared glass (?)

Pretty sure you can store any type of liquid in seared glass. I have some water in some seared glass next to my smeltery.

To get vol. 2, you need to craft a tool station I believe. Or a tool forge.

Vol. 1 spawns with you automatically, so you should get vol. 2 from any of the wooden tables. If not, try the suggestion above.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Will I lose my cast?

And how should I handle partial ingots properly?

No you will not lose your cast, or you could add nuggets or even ore berries until you get a full ingot, 9 ore berries = 1 ingot.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
i was kinda dissapointed that manyullyn chunks.. or any metal chinks, are not 100% useless. They cant be used in the tool station, nor can they be smelted. :/

Reactions: RedBoss

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The books have crafting recipes. If you craft a blank pattern with a piece of paper to get vol.1. Then you craft the book on its own to get the next volume up

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the books is as simple as constructing the appropriate table and one full seared brick. On occasion, it even happens to drop you an extra copy. Not sure why. Might be mod changes in your pack that reset the game knowing if you got the book yet or not.

And it isn't undocumented if you have the books. Updates are in the next dev cycle for the books, I believe. :)

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that you can craft between versions of the books, too. If you can't say so, as I'd hate to be the one to spread false information.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used TiC since the change in the tool station. Is the mod now truly hobbled to the point that all metal must be processed through smeltery casts? If so then that seems a broken system if you're left with useless metal chunks or no real way of clearing the smeltery by pouring full ingots. I mean metal is metal, you should be able to smelt the chunks again at least.

I hope this isn't the case.

DustyBlue

Jul 29, 2019
Metal chunks aren't completely useless. you can repair your tool with them. kinda nice if you plan on going for a large mining expedition but a full ingot would be a waste. plus you can stack chunks to equal full ingots (ie. stack 2 chunks and you can get a pickaxe head or whatever). as for clearing the smeltery, yes, either add more, or store it in a tank (portable tank works nicely), or pour it into a casting table (with cast) and break it

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used TiC since the change in the tool station. Is the mod now truly hobbled to the point that all metal must be processed through smeltery casts? If so then that seems a broken system if you're left with useless metal chunks or no real way of clearing the smeltery by pouring full ingots. I mean metal is metal, you should be able to smelt the chunks again at least.

I hope this isn't the case.

essentially, yes.
Metal chunks aren't completely useless. you can repair your tool with them. kinda nice if you plan on going for a large mining expedition but a full ingot would be a waste. plus you can stack chunks to equal full ingots (ie. stack 2 chunks and you can get a pickaxe head or whatever). as for clearing the smeltery, yes, either add more, or store it in a tank (portable tank works nicely), or pour it into a casting table (with cast) and break it

and if you have 0.5 iron in your smeltery, how exactly do you imagine you're going to get that out? As already stated; chunks cannot be smelted, so your options are to add nuggets (which you cannot get half an ingot with) or add another ingot... which leaves you with another half ingot.