DragonAPI crash

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for getting off topic but, If I really wanted too, I could create a mod that changes everything in the minecraft folder to "Darude - Sandstorm" for example

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for getting off topic but, If I really wanted too, I could create a mod that changes everything in the minecraft folder to "Darude - Sandstorm" for example
Yes, mods do have access to the file system. They can act as viruses as well.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, mods do have access to the file system. They can act as viruses as well.
So basically, what you are saying is I can make a mod that makes it so when you right click a specific item, it will run a command on your computer to delete 32?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So basically, what you are saying is I can make a mod that makes it so when you right click a specific item, it will run a command on your computer to delete 32?
You could. You would be rightfully vilified, but you could.

As for the detector not working...I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that it is missing the extension somehow.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It's why you need to get your mod from a trusted source, FTB packs and modders direct DL's are the only safe bets. Even then, the modder themselves need to be reputable as well.

Don't you have code that is supposed to detect that? I wonder why it is not always working

Well... If the code is in Dragon API and the .zip thing was stopping it from loading, how pray tell could DragonAPI's code work to remedy the problem when it can't be loaded?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well... If the code is in Dragon API and the .zip thing was stopping it from loading, how pray tell could DragonAPI's code work to remedy the problem when it can't be loaded?
It was not completely stopping it from loading, else this particular error wouldn't have happened. Problem is that with .zip files access transformers and some other stuff is being ignored.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It's why you need to get your mod from a trusted source, FTB packs and modders direct DL's are the only safe bets. Even then, the modder themselves need to be reputable as well.

The .jar.zip code runs well before the crash should occur.