Does anyone have any island seeds for DW20?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ups

Jul 29, 2019
I love playing on island seeds, though most of them are usually fairly plain islands with a tree and some grass. I was hoping for something like the seed Artomix but I think that only works in default Minecraft due to ExtrabiomesXL, which is a bit disappointing. Does anyone have any good seeds? (Preferably something similar to Artomix)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
My go-to seeds for pretty much anything at the moment are 4 and 21. No-one ever thinks to check the low numbers! :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
MTw7ioX.png

Ups

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll start working my way through the seed thread.

And thank you Velotican for those seeds, 4 looks crazy. I've never seen that watery checkerboard style biome before. 21 is also a nice looking island.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
4 is great in general because you get a free mushroom island at spawn regardless of how you mod the biomes instead of it being 5000-30000 blocks from spawn like it normally is. Overall I think 4 does best in Vanilla but it does very well with modded biomes too. 21 is a more recent find when I too wanted an island in the middle of nowhere.

I've used 4 several times, most recently to build the world in my Timezones thread in my sig that makes heavy use of the mushroom island as a point of reference. The 21 seed is being used to create version 2 of that concept. :D

Ups

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the seed Lambert. I had a little look around and the 2nd island nearby looks quite good. It feels a little large but still good, especially as some of the landmasses go above Y: 100. I like to dive in to my bases.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the seed Lambert. I had a little look around and the 2nd island nearby looks quite good. It feels a little large but still good, especially as some of the landmasses go above Y: 100. I like to dive in to my bases.
in the Northern Island you should also find a village? (not sure if this is seed related but I've created that seed 3 times on 2 computers and each time there has been a village in the exact same location)

Ups

Jul 29, 2019
in the Northern Island you should also find a village? (not sure if this is seed related but I've created that seed 3 times on 2 computers and each time there has been a village in the exact same location)

I did indeed, it looked quite nice and had one of the Thaumcraft villagers to. There was one of those obsidian monuments with a chest nearby to, though I'm not quite sure what those are as I'm fairly new to the DW20 pack. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.