Do you think IC2 is dead?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you think IC2 is dead?

• Yes

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 96 78.0%

• Total voters

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
No, but I think it's going to be redone soon. If the IC2 team doesn't find a new creative lead they're going to be totally replaced. Because the API is open. People could re-implement the power system with new content and move on.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
THe addons protect it.
But sooner or later, Gregtech will be able to be a standalone mod.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Well well well, if this isn't a warning sign, then I don't know what is, second such topic in the frame of a month. Soon, oh so soon, people will start talk about dropping, and then?

Weeeeell, we all know what happens then, don't we?

+RichardG.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
That one "yes" vote up there is mine, sorry. Didn't notice that you could have multiple options and misclicked, I meant to click just "no."

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Well well well, if this isn't a warning sign, then I don't know what is, second such topic in the frame of a month. Soon, oh so soon, people will start talk about dropping, and then?

Weeeeell, we all know what happens then, don't we?

+RichardG.
The reason why I asked was cause of the thread. Sorry I didn't notice the thread.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
The reason why I asked was cause of the thread. Sorry I didn't notice the thread.

That horse was beat & left for dead few weeks ago, took me a few minutes to find via a search so I'm not blaming you =D
But their are MANY awesome arguments for both sides in their so it's defiantly worth a read.

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech revolves around it, it supplies many ways to fly (gravisuit, jetpack, adv. electric jetpack although a couple are from different mods you still need ic2 stuff to make it). It offers extremely quick ore processing if you need it and mass power usage/storage that can be put to use with power converters or electrical engines to power some of the more useful things that need MJ. In my eyes it is a bit quiet but if it was taken out for whatever reason, you would notice huge changes lol. And not to mention just about every mod is compatible with it and works well with it for example EU for AE systems is just one of the many ways it works with the other mods

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Like Oatmonster said, it isn't dead, it's done. IC2 is such a huge mod, so far nothing replaces everything it has in it. IC2 can replace almost any mod. Miner can replace the BC Quarry/Mining Well, Pump can replace the BC Pump, Macerator can replace the Pulverizer, E Furnace and Induc. Furnace can replace the Powered Furnace, etc. There are too many addons for it to die, Gregtech, Compact Solars, Advanced Machines, Advanced Solars, Gravity Suit, MFFS, Advanced Techologies, etc. I think that even if it dies out, someone will most likely maintain it and update it to current Minecraft versions. I personally, cannot imagine FTB or Tekkit, or any of those other packs without IC2. It's too huge, and too loved.

Reactions: the_j485

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
Like Oatmonster said, it isn't dead, it's done. IC2 is such a huge mod, so far nothing replaces everything it has in it. IC2 can replace almost any mod. Miner can replace the BC Quarry/Mining Well, Pump can replace the BC Pump, Macerator can replace the Pulverizer, E Furnace and Induc. Furnace can replace the Powered Furnace, etc. There are too many addons for it to die, Gregtech, Compact Solars, Advanced Machines, Advanced Solars, Gravity Suit, MFFS, Advanced Techologies, etc. I think that even if it dies out, someone will most likely maintain it and update it to current Minecraft versions. I personally, cannot imagine FTB or Tekkit, or any of those other packs without IC2. It's too huge, and too loved.

erm, tekkit doesn`t have IC2

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Like Oatmonster said, it isn't dead, it's done. IC2 is such a huge mod, so far nothing replaces everything it has in it. IC2 can replace almost any mod. Miner can replace the BC Quarry/Mining Well, Pump can replace the BC Pump, Macerator can replace the Pulverizer, E Furnace and Induc. Furnace can replace the Powered Furnace, etc..
Um. Actually, if you started talking like that, it means something.
A long ago IC2 was the only mod people started with. It was like Furnace -> Generator + Macerator + E-Furnace and so on every single game. Now it have changed. Most people start with RC engines + pulverizer/PFurnace. It is IC2 that was replaced by TE. I know, TE wasn't made to replace IC2, but with TE people have other options. It's just wrong that "IC2 can replace TE". TE is newer, and if people use TE that means that it is IC2 was replaced. If you saying that there's no single mod that can replace IC2, that's true. But why should it be a single mod?
Speaking about Miners - they are not a true replacement for Quarry. They have their advantages, but miner is maximum 9x9. Quarry is up to 64x64.
And IC2 don't have any item/liquid transport features, which is kinda... very good to have when you have IC2 installed.