Did they rename BC's Blueprints?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Been thinking on moving my main base to another world (...again.) but I can't find blueprints anywhere!
Did they get renamed or something?

(On that matter, what would you guys say is the fastest way to move tons of items across worlds?)

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Blueprints, I have no idea.

For moving to another world, though (I assume another savegame, not dimension - enderchests would probably work better and be less cheaty for that) you can empty your inventory and go into NEI's cheat mode. There, you can save 7 inventories worth of items as presets to be loaded later. once you save those 7 inventories of items, go to the other world and load them up, dumping the contents into a chest (or just putting them down somewhere, doesn't really matter) and deleting the preset, and then repeat until everything is moved over.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Builders (and blueprints) have been disabled from BC until they can be fixed (although its been over 4 months now, now sure they are even working on trying to fix it).

Currently, they crash clients and servers and corrupt the game as the game/server crashes on load when it happens. Very very bad bug.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Blueprints, I have no idea.

For moving to another world, though (I assume another savegame, not dimension - enderchests would probably work better and be less cheaty for that) you can empty your inventory and go into NEI's cheat mode. There, you can save 7 inventories worth of items as presets to be loaded later. once you save those 7 inventories of items, go to the other world and load them up, dumping the contents into a chest (or just putting them down somewhere, doesn't really matter) and deleting the preset, and then repeat until everything is moved over.

Wait, Enderchests save across worlds ?
I thought they could only transfer across dimensions, may give that a shot.

I don't mind the NEI "cheaty" way either, I personally don't see it as cheaty unless I give myself extra items.

Builders (and blueprints) have been disabled from BC until they can be fixed (although its been over 4 months now, now sure they are even working on trying to fix it).

Currently, they crash clients and servers and corrupt the game as the game/server crashes on load when it happens. Very very bad bug.

Really?
That's odd, I've been using them left and right for months now and only once did I have a really bad problem, that was almost when I started FTB and even then I was able to fix it.

Oh well, that's a real shame, wish they could have at least left it in creative only, at the user's own risk, they're really helpful in building and moving large buildings.
They weren't perfect, but they were a lot better than doing it all by hand.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've heard / in theory: You could grab buckitforge, get world edit, save the important parts as schematics and load 'em up somewhere else. I also hear that there's a turtle program floating online which can build from schematics.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, Enderchests save across worlds ?
I thought they could only transfer across dimensions, may give that a shot.

I don't mind the NEI "cheaty" way either, I personally don't see it as cheaty unless I give myself extra items.

Really?
That's odd, I've been using them left and right for months now and only once did I have a really bad problem, that was almost when I started FTB and even then I was able to fix it.

Oh well, that's a real shame, wish they could have at least left it in creative only, at the user's own risk, they're really helpful in building and moving large buildings.
They weren't perfect, but they were a lot better than doing it all by hand.

I think when he was talking about enderchests he was talking about using those across dimensions.

I'd have to say if you're wanting to go to a different world via Mystcraft then just use enderchests/enderpouches. If you're wanting to start a new save game altogether and still keep your stuff, what Eculc says is probably easiest without using an editor.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I think when he was talking about enderchests he was talking about using those across dimensions.

I'd have to say if you're wanting to go to a different world via Mystcraft then just use enderchests/enderpouches.

For moving to another world, though (I assume another savegame, not dimension - enderchests would probably work better and be less cheaty for that.

But yeah, I'm trying to move to a new world, not dimension, to a different world, different seed, whatever you want to call it. :p

I guess I'm gonna have to deconstruct and rebuild the base by hand and move everything in multiple trips.
Oh well, guess the base wouldn't have fit as well as it did in the previous area like its like right now anyways, good chance to modify it a bit anyways.[/quote]

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
You might, just might, be able to preserve the entire old world by transplanting the region files from the old world on top of region files in a stable mystcraft age in the new world.

This assumes that it's the same pack, mods, and cfg.

Reactions: Yuka

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting idea, so basically making the old world into a dimension of the new one?
It is the same pack and same mods....except IC2.
(On that note, were there any ores that were deactivated in other packs in favor to IC2 ore gen?)

Anyways, may give that one a shot seems that may be the "cleanest" option so far.

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
[quote about blueprints/etc being broken here]
Really?
For some reason, they were only broken in SMP (they worked mostly fine in SSP, probably broken if you enabled LAN mode but idk).