Did I break my uu-matter?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I got my setup all running smooth and went to make use of my uu-matter. I have the quantum gear, so I don't need iridium, but I do need lots and lots of emeralds. Only, uu-matter doesn't seem to make emeralds anymore... or many other things I expected it to make (rubies, leather, ender pearls, etc). Am I missing a step? Does it have something to do with the fact I'm using the DW20 mod pack? Am I not holding my mouth right?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You can only make those things with Gregtech. DW20 pack doesn't have Gregtech. DW is a wimp (joking, don't rage). I, myself don't use the nerfs.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Why not? Because I made the world using the DW20 pack before Ultimate was ready or I'd ever heard of GT. I went with the DW20 pack because I could follow his vids with it.

Even if I was looking to start over, GT doesn't have anything about it that is enticing other than extra challenge for mostly the same stuff. I'm playing solo here, and getting a diamond or breeding a bee is enough of a challenge to keep me busy for a long time, so GT is just unnecessary.

But it looks like I'm now on a mission to get some emeralds and find a use for uu-matter. I'm open to suggestions!

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Why not? Because I made the world using the DW20 pack before Ultimate was ready or I'd ever heard of GT. I went with the DW20 pack because I could follow his vids with it.

Even if I was looking to start over, GT doesn't have anything about it that is enticing other than extra challenge for mostly the same stuff. I'm playing solo here, and getting a diamond or breeding a bee is enough of a challenge to keep me busy for a long time, so GT is just unnecessary.

But it looks like I'm now on a mission to get some emeralds and find a use for uu-matter. I'm open to suggestions!
I wasn't judging you. Just cuz I love GT doesn't mean you have to. But I would definitely say it cures that end game lull.
A challenge I always make is make a fully automated factory of something.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Getting emeralds: Trade with villagers or create an all-extreme-hills Mystcraft age to mine in.

Use for UUM: Upgrade your quantum chestpiece into a gravity suit. :D
(Which will relieve you of a lot more resources than just UUM by the way... hehe.)

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, I can make emeralds?
*tries*
By dinnerjebhelperbone, you're right! :D
But I think I should stick with trading wheat for emeralds :p

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Even if I was looking to start over, GT doesn't have anything about it that is enticing other than extra challenge for mostly the same stuff.

This is an complaint wholly disconnected from the facts. Over 50 machines. Expanded (fission) nuclear. Fusion nuclear.

But yeah, if you never get to the mid game, you wont' see it.

IC2: Where technology assembling objects from thin air is easier to accomplish than mining.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't judging you. Just cuz I love GT doesn't mean you have to. But I would definitely say it cures that end game lull.
A challenge I always make is make a fully automated factory of something.

I didn't think you were. You asked a question and I answered it. I didn't get emo about it.

This is an complaint wholly disconnected from the facts. Over 50 machines. Expanded (fission) nuclear. Fusion nuclear.

You simply pointed out the same thing I did: GT gives you more complicated and harder ways to make energy. That's something you can get plenty of in the mid game. So, extra challenge for mostly the same stuff. That's not to say that it isn't cool. If I were playing with some friends I would much rather add that challenge as something we can work toward together. But on my own, just figuring out how to fit a few pieces of machinery into the space I want fills up my complexity meter pretty good, not to mention everything else.

Besides, I have more fun with other mods than I do with IC. It's great, but Thaumcraft is actually exciting to me. If Greg messed about with that mod, I'd be all over it. I don't really have interest in things like fusion power.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You simply pointed out the same thing I did: GT gives you more complicated and harder ways to make energy.

You are once again in error. Most of those 50 machines have nothing to do with power generation.

As a matter of fact, here's an argument for why you should abandon GT: Why force yourself to devote more time to IC stuff when you could be having more fun with Thaumcraft?

You imply it's an either or situation. You are again, in error.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
You are once again in error. Most of those 50 machines have nothing to do with power generation.
I said, "GT gives you more complicated and harder ways to make energy." That's not an error, it's a fact. I know as well as you do that it does other things in addition to that. Me not listing ALL of them doesn't make me wrong. But most of those 50 machines can fall under the heading of "more complicated and harder ways to X," where X is the stuff IC does, because that's how the mod was designed.

So, back to my first point, where you started the argument: I don't find that kind of thing enticing for a single-player game. If you do, rock on buddy. You aren't me.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I said, "GT gives you more complicated and harder ways to make energy." That's not an error, it's a fact.

There is nothing harder or more complicated about pumping liquids into generators.

I know as well as you do that it does other things in addition to that. Me not listing ALL of them doesn't make me wrong.

When you attempt to pass it off as all it does, it does make you wrong.

But most of those 50 machines can fall under the heading of "more complicated and harder ways to X," where X is the stuff IC does, because that's how the mod was designed.

Most of those machines do entirely new actions otherwise unavailable in base IC2

So, back to my first point, where you started the argument: I don't find that kind of thing enticing for a single-player game. If you do, rock on buddy. You aren't me.

Most people wouldn't find what you're pretending to be reality very enticing. I certainly wouldn't. Good thing its really quite different.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Though I wouldn't be quite as blunt about it as Doctor, I do agree with him. GT is much, much more than simply new ways to generate energy.

In fact, if I had to list all of the things/concepts I found likable or significant about GT in order of importance, power generation would probably be pretty close to the bottom. It's really the one aspect of GT that I wish he'd visit more often, because his machines require energy that the rest of FTB really doesn't support as well as I'd like. In that regard, I'd really wish that he'd take it upon himself to make more things like the thermal generator.

Reactions: EternalDensity