Did anyone try to use the new Binnie mods?

Serendipiteit

Jul 29, 2019
Things are so different from before. Which isn't necessarily bad, but I'm keep on hitting dead ends in this mod. I can't figure out how to go from growth medium (from Incubator) to polymerising bacteria (used in polymeriser) and bacteria vector (used in inoculator). I also don't know how to move on from DNA sequence (from sequencer) to serums used in polymeriser and inoculator. The Inoculator also doesn't seem to be inoculating bees or saplings directly, but instead inoculates pollen or larvae, which is fine, but how am I supposed to transform this larvae into a functioning princess or drone?!
YURJJ14.png

aF6mFhO.png

CjtAxf9.png

But the new textures are amazing!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What I'll do is wait for Direwolf20 to spotlight or play around with it :p

But, looks more interesting, old system was a bit "simple" making things too "easy"

What I really want to know though, where do the dinosaur eggs come out? :p

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like it's based on the actual proceedure you'd require to do genetic manipulation
In reality, you get a sample of DNA, use a Polymerisation Chain Reaction to amplify it, put it into a plasmid vector, which then can be inserted into bacteria to further amplify your DNA
The bacteria are grown in a medium of some sort, the DNA then needs to be extracted and potentially modified before it can then be used elsewhere (it appears he's going with using embryo injection for the DNA application method instead of gene therapy)

Hopefully that will help with trying to decipher how to use the mod

Reactions: 1SDAN and Loufmier

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using it in my 1.7.10 world, but I can't figure out how to get larvae other than cheating it in.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
There was no legit way to get larvae until the latest extrabees release?

There's a legit way now ? I still don't know a legit way. I have to cheat them in.

For trees, however, there is a legit way to get pollen - the Alveary Sieve.

EDIT : Oh....dev5 was released 10 hours ago. I'm sooooooo behind the times !!

Reactions: ChatFawkes

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
There's a legit way now ? I still don't know a legit way. I have to cheat them in.

For trees, however, there is a legit way to get pollen - the Alveary Sieve.

EDIT : Oh....dev5 was released 10 hours ago. I'm sooooooo behind the times !!
Yesssss. I hope its compatible with the latest Forestry builds.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/223525-binnies-mods/files/2215846

Changelog
Compatible with the latest Forestry. Fixed some recipes. Added an Alveary Hatchery to get larvae. Added patreon requests for bees & trees.

Ah...yeah. That makes sense.

Sieve ==> pollen
Hatchery ==> larvae

This weekend, I completed my "super sapling" project. The final stage of injecting pollen with a multi-serum with 8 traits in the Inoculator took over an hour for each pollen. Needed 5 pollen to breed pure.

The whole project took a RL week and stacks upon stacks of sugar, bonemeal, and wheat in Incubators.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Ah...yeah. That makes sense.

Sieve ==> pollen
Hatchery ==> larvae

This weekend, I completed my "super sapling" project. The final stage of injecting pollen with a multi-serum with 8 traits in the Inoculator took over an hour for each pollen. Needed 5 pollen to breed pure.

The whole project took a RL week and stacks upon stacks of sugar, bonemeal, and wheat in Incubators.
How long would it take with vanilla Forestry?
How long would it take with Gendustry?
:D

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla Forestry - which I have done before - would take weeks. Getting the species is easy. Breeding and purifying 8+ traits into a single sapling took a looooong time. I got tired of scooping and staring and comparing saplings. I did that for a few weeks in RL - about an hour or two every night.

Gendustry is of course much faster.

But, one does not compare Gendustry to Genetics (Binnie's sub-mod where his machines are now at) without a lot of caveats.

One is for certain packs. The other is for other packs. I would not recommend Genetics to someone new to bees/trees unless I wanted to scare them off or I knew they had OCD personalities. I would likewise not recommend Gendustry to a seasoned tree/bee veteran.

Reactions: 5_of_7