diamond drill charging

El_Diablo256

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering, because I want to use he Diamond drill with power armor, but what i want to know is if youcan charge your diamond drill with your power armor suit.
otherwise i will have to find an other solution...

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
Most electric items do charge themself from the power armor. The diamond drill should be included in this list but im not 100% sure about it. Some items however are not included in this list, of which one of the most common is the varja(probly spelled that wrong though). If it doesn;t work, i would suggest a power tool with diamond drill upgrade, works just as well.. Or even better.

El_Diablo256

Jul 29, 2019
Most electric items do charge themself from the power armor. The diamond drill should be included in this list but im not 100% sure about it. Some items however are not included in this list, of which one of the most common is the varja(probly spelled that wrong though). If it doesn;t work, i would suggest a power tool with diamond drill upgrade, works just as well.. Or even better.
ty, now i can use my hard earned stuff on power armor

edit: I tested a bit with power armor, and what is the max weight where you can still walk/ run like normal?
and how can you compensate this when the weight is too high

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
ty, now i can use my hard earned stuff on power armor

edit: I tested a bit with power armor, and what is the max weight where you can still walk/ run like normal?
and how can you compensate this when the weight is too high

I would suggest turning the drill into a quarry and use the power tool though, but that is my own preverence.

As for the weight, 25kg is the max witout speed loss, this can be compensated in few ways. If you use force field armor instead of the regulair moduals (probly wrong on the names, but you get the idea i hope, if not just say it). Or use walk assist to speed up. Or cut down in batteries as they weight alot. From my own playing with it, if you have a kinetic generator at max (4kg) and two elite batters at max (10kg each) you come to a total of 24kg while still having everything. Not all parts of the suit need a battery, as long as something in the suit has. Theoritcally you can put just one battery in a tool and still use your armor.. as long as your tool is slected. Altough i would suggest to put batteries in two parts of armor, which dont matter because the suit just doesn;t care

El_Diablo256

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest turning the drill into a quarry and use the power tool though, but that is my own preverence.

As for the weight, 25kg is the max witout speed loss, this can be compensated in few ways. If you use force field armor instead of the regulair moduals (probly wrong on the names, but you get the idea i hope, if not just say it). Or use walk assist to speed up. Or cut down in batteries as they weight alot. From my own playing with it, if you have a kinetic generator at max (4kg) and two elite batters at max (10kg each) you come to a total of 24kg while still having everything. Not all parts of the suit need a battery, as long as something in the suit has. Theoritcally you can put just one battery in a tool and still use your armor.. as long as your tool is slected. Altough i would suggest to put batteries in two parts of armor, which dont matter because the suit just doesn;t care

ty that is very usefull to know

Rhodan

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the kinetic generator, you only need a very light version of the best battery and you'll never have to recharge again. Ever. In my experience, at least.
The kinetic generator generates energy based on distance travelled, but doesn't account for the walk assist. It's a self-contained powerloop.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a kinetic generator in the legs and a solar panel in the helmet, and my electric tools pretty much never run out of power, but...I use Jet Boots, and neither the kinetic generator nor the solar panel upgrade charge my boots. What's up with that?