Detecting amounts of liquids in Tinker's Construct

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
I am building an emerald factory using Tinkers Construct by connecting a villager farm to a smeltry. What I am trying to do now is detect when I get nine emeralds worth so i can pour out a full block. Are there any blocks in the monster modpack that can detect the amount of liquid in the smeltry?

Would it be easier to just pour out the individual emeralds in the casts? I forgot if you can pour partial amounts into the emerald casts.

Any other solutions that would accomplish the same thing would be helpful as well!

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I am building an emerald factory using Tinkers Construct by connecting a villager farm to a smeltry. What I am trying to do now is detect when I get nine emeralds worth so i can pour out a full block. Are there any blocks in the monster modpack that can detect the amount of liquid in the smeltry?

Would it be easier to just pour out the individual emeralds in the casts? I forgot if you can pour partial amounts into the emerald casts.

Any other solutions that would accomplish the same thing would be helpful as well!

Not needed, use TE fluiducts with a redstone signal to force it to pull liquids out into the casting basin (may hav ename wrong, but the thing that makes blocks as you want). It wont fill up all the way, but it will continue to fill up as villagers die until it does fill up all the way. When it solidifies a item duct is cable of pulling it out automatically and outputting to any storage medium you have. Also great method for making large amounts of clear glass. Especially if you automate sand input into the smeltery with an item duct on the smeltery controller.

Reactions: PierceSG and YX33A

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Not needed, use TE fluiducts with a redstone signal to force it to pull liquids out into the casting basin (may hav ename wrong, but the thing that makes blocks as you want). It wont fill up all the way, but it will continue to fill up as villagers die until it does fill up all the way. When it solidifies a item duct is cable of pulling it out automatically and outputting to any storage medium you have. Also great method for making large amounts of clear glass. Especially if you automate sand input into the smeltery with an item duct on the smeltery controller.
The problem there is that eventually the liquefied emerald would run out and the villagers would no longer be damaged. If there was another liquid in there to melt them then that liquid would go to the bottom and the new liquefied emerald would not be poured out.

However, I think I found a solution. I have 3 casting basins being automatically filled and I have one of those basins feeding the blocks back into the smeltry to make sure there is always some liquid in there.