Day time/ night time duration.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Quintaar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks.
Apparently google says there is no way we can change this yet. Adjusting the time manually is not an option for what I have in mind but If someone has any ideas how to make the daytime last about 20-25 min (and similar for night time) That would be great help. This is something I would be using on both SSP and SMP (as running server).

Anyone has ability to find files in MC where this could be adjusted?

Thanks for the feedback

Quintaar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I'm quite aware of how it is set by default ... my question is about changing defaults to 20-25 per day and 20-or so for night (probably keep values in same aspect ratios for easy time manipulation)

Quintaar

Jul 29, 2019
I have one idea in mind for my 1st MC related project and constant time adjustment would be bad for immersion. I dont think (in theory) this would be more complicated than editing a file in Mc or server but I'm not that good to figure this out on my own.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could make your server lag, so that your TPS is lower, that way the day/night cycle will be longer.

Well, everything will take longer too (smelting, growing plants, updating liquids...), so that might not be that good of an idea.

EDIT: couldn't you simply use a mystcraft age tailored to make that happen?

Quintaar

Jul 29, 2019
I was more thinking about set time duration than slow down the tick ratio, I'm suspect that would be defined by the Time value and time speed.
ie: Day=100 ticks
Speed=10ticks/m would gave us 10 min daytime. Now changing speed would affect every aspect in game, smelting, healing, flows, growth. Manipulating the Time value rather than speed would make everything happen at the same speed, but allow longer day. I will google the ''mystcraft age tailored'' as im not aware of it.

in regards to server: there would be only 2-3 ppl on it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
mystcraft would be your go to out of the box.

Other then learning a bit of java and editing the day/night vaules for MC that way. Making a 'Longer day mod' basilcy

Quintaar

Jul 29, 2019
I will search more info on how to use mystcraft then. Would ages allow me to use the buildcraft etc machinery in these dimentions ? Thanks to all guys for quick replies. Nice to see alive forums:)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
they are like the overworld. but you can alter the way the world is built. Think of it as a more full fetured contorl of the wolrd gen Seed via books, symbols, and portals.

Quintaar

Jul 29, 2019
they are like the overworld. but you can alter the way the world is built. Think of it as a more full fetured contorl of the wolrd gen Seed via books, symbols, and portals.
If I can set it up in creative with no issues, to make it look like vanilla/technic world... I think that would do the trick. otherwise it looks like I would be learning Java after all!!

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind the sun and moon jumping around in the sky, you could set up command blocks to keep setting time backwards, to extend the day/night.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind the sun and moon jumping around in the sky, you could set up command blocks to keep setting time backwards, to extend the day/night.

This is also a posablity

it would be less noticable if you could get the timing down and set it to extend dawn, noon, and dusk since those would be the less noticable. Just add a set of timers to key off at the right times and then make them firing off a set time 0 (or what ever time you wanted) repeatly for a few minutes before turning off and startinf the cycle again.

Dawn and Dusk you cant see or barrly see the sun so its jumpy move ment would nto be as visable and Noon it is over your head no only looks up to much so a jittery sun there would also not be seen often.

Quintaar

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about doing it at noon for about 10 min in small intervals for smooth effect .. I think i should be able to turn off the chat notifications as well so it would be almost invisible