Dagger of Sacrifice requires minimum hearts? (Blood Magic)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Dagger of Sacrifice require that the mob have a certain number of hearts before it works? I have a mob drop farm where mobs are left with half a heart. I have them walking down a chute onto my altar and so far after killing at least 40 mobs I only have 4000 LP. It seems most of them don't give me any LP at all.

I am using Agrarian skies but I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
It will kill mobs even at full health, but they need to be really close to the altar. Baby zombies don't seem to be accepted as valid sacrifices, as well.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
The mobs are standing on the runes around the altar usually and I see 0 change in LP even when they have half a heart. I have got them to walk on to the actual altar and same no effect. Thinking of moving it up to the top of the farm and creating a tunnel for full health mobs to walk onto the altar from.

Kind of loses the cool visual of the altar though..

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The mobs are standing on the runes around the altar usually and I see 0 change in LP even when they have half a heart. I have got them to walk on to the actual altar and same no effect. Thinking of moving it up to the top of the farm and creating a tunnel for full health mobs to walk onto the altar from.

Kind of loses the cool visual of the altar though..
Perhaps you could have them still drop down onto the altar, but don't ever fall far enough to be damaged? (three block drop maximums)

S

silentshadow83

Does the Dagger of Sacrifice require that the mob have a certain number of hearts before it works? I have a mob drop farm where mobs are left with half a heart. I have them walking down a chute onto my altar and so far after killing at least 40 mobs I only have 4000 LP. It seems most of them don't give me any LP at all.

I am using Agrarian skies but I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

im having this issue, did you ever get it fixed? it only seems to give me LP when i kill over 10 at once