Customized FTB Server Questions

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
I want to know if we decide to host a FTB server, say the magic mod pack and want to add a mod from another ftb mod pack to it, say gregstech. Are we allowed to advertise the server and post a link/instructions for downloading the missing gregtech's file and how to use ftb's edit modpack feature for the client side? I would personally like a mix that is not available right now but to use mods that have been approved to be used in the beta (except updated for 1.4.5) with the magic world mod pack.
Thanks
Brandon

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I want to know if we decide to host a FTB server, say the magic mod pack and want to add a mod from another ftb mod pack to it, say gregstech. Are we allowed to advertise the server and post a link/instructions for downloading the missing gregtech's file and how to use ftb's edit modpack feature for the client side? I would personally like a mix that is not available right now but to use mods that have been approved to be used in the beta (except updated for 1.4.5) with the magic world mod pack.
Thanks
Brandon

I think this will not be a problem. If i have it correct there will be a "ultimate" modpack that holds almoste all mods. So you will be able to use that pack to have both the tech and magic mods.

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I just wanted to make sure before I done all the legwork and put up our server in the FTB server section. I knew disabling a mod wasn't a problem but I never heard anything on adding a mod. The launcher makes it super easy to do that though so I presumed it would be ok. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.