Cursed Earth Not Working!!!

powerblo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a cursed earth mob farm from Extra Utilities, but the mobs don't seem to spawn at all. It is dark, there are no magnum torches or other anti spawning stuff, and even the vanilla spawners work in that spot. If there is a way to fix this, please tell me what to do. (BTW, F7 doesn't seem to work either.)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
do they have enough room to spawn? I.e. head room
Else, are you at the mob cap? I think it still obeys the mob cap? Not certain

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
do they have enough room to spawn? I.e. head room
Else, are you at the mob cap? I think it still obeys the mob cap? Not certain
The mob cap could be the problem. Try to remove yourself from the area (mobs despawn after 128 blocks)
And use magnum torches. Cursed earth ignores them, thus increasing the spawn rate greatly

powerblo

Jul 29, 2019
The mob cap could be the problem. Try to remove yourself from the area (mobs despawn after 128 blocks)
And use magnum torches. Cursed earth ignores them, thus increasing the spawn rate greatly
In Direwolf20's video, mobs spawned right in front of him, so that means theres no real problem with the range. I also tried spawning mobs inside the farm, but they dissapear.[DOUBLEPOST=1397284088][/DOUBLEPOST]I've tried cursed earth in other worlds, but it doesn't work either. I think I did something that's bad to the game, but I don't get what...

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
In Direwolf20's video, mobs spawned right in front of him, so that means theres no real problem with the range. I also tried spawning mobs inside the farm, but they dissapear.[DOUBLEPOST=1397284088][/DOUBLEPOST]I've tried cursed earth in other worlds, but it doesn't work either. I think I did something that's bad to the game, but I don't get what...
Sounds like your on peaceful...

powerblo

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Thats peacefull. Go check your difficulty options :)
Mobs can spawn naturally, strangely anywhere but in the farm. My difficulty is set to hard, and my base is spread with mobs, exepct for my farm.:(

Last edited:

HeroUltraOmega

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually having this exact same problem, though months later in 1.7.10. Has anybody found what's going on yet?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine breaks cursed earth and magnum torches. Custom mob spawner fixes the torch issue fyi, but not cursed earth.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
How the heck does optifine break cursed earth? Custom Mob Spawner or Mo Creatures will break spawn rules all day tho

HeroUltraOmega

Jul 29, 2019
I found out that my problem had to do with a bug with project red lamps not working properly, acting as if they're on even when off and clearly dark. Vanilla redstone lamps fixed my problem.

Reactions: tuntematonjr

IcepickJosh

Jul 29, 2019
I found out that my problem had to do with a bug with project red lamps not working properly, acting as if they're on even when off and clearly dark. Vanilla redstone lamps fixed my problem.

Thanks for posting this. I ran into the same issue and redstone lamps made the difference.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
redstone lamps??? so you mean if i place a redstone lamp mobs will spawn?
This is a very old thread, but: the issue was that the project red lamps acted like they were on when they were off, for mob spawning, whereas redstone lamps do not. So redstone lamps don't make mobs spawn, but they do not prevent mobs spawning, which the projectRed ones did.