Current Projects and Suggestions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Post your current projects and then give people suggestions for their builds and setups!

Here's my current plan for an airship, I doubt I'll make it flying capable, I am gonna put my steamboilers in it, and probably bees or something. Am unsure. Also, I worry it'll be too close to my house. Here's the "Baseline" for it. Also, should I go RP2 sorter or AE? AE will take a metric ton of time but is infinitely better.

http://imgur.com/ueEGicQ

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
You should think about investing in long fall boots, assuming you're dying because of falling.

I like to fly really high with my Modular Powersuits. I was using solar helmet, Nano legs, jetpack, and long fall boots but, I like Modular Powersuits. I don't die too much on peaceful but on Hard it's a bit annoying.

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but what am I meant to be looking at, I see some blocks placed on the ground, and a row of wooden planks.. Am I missing something or is that your ship?

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I clean Rei's minimap often too, actually. Instead of pressing "Z" to fall I just press my keybind and drop. :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to invest in a parachute then. You have to sneak to use it, but it is dirt cheap, consumes no power, doesn't add weight(AFAIK) and means you fall to your death less.
Or, assuming you have all your things bound to one key, add more binds so you can turn off ones that you wish you kept on due to all these "rough landings".

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but what am I meant to be looking at, I see some blocks placed on the ground, and a row of wooden planks.. Am I missing something or is that your ship?
It's okay, the line of planks is going to be around the size of the ship. Kinda asking how big it should be.

Might want to invest in a parachute then. You have to sneak to use it, but it is dirt cheap, consumes no power, doesn't add weight(AFAIK) and means you fall to your death less.
Or, assuming you have all your things bound to one key, add more binds so you can turn off ones that you wish you kept on due to all these "rough landings".
I have all tool keybinds on "b" Water electrolyzer and night vision on H and flying stuff on N. But I'll try that

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The parachute is always worth looking into. Shock Absorbers are handy, but only a Parachute can save you from a massive fall. Well, maybe glider wings can. Both are worth looking into for early game movement upgrades with GregTech.(the Parachute costs about the same, but requires a compressed air cell, and the glider wings require the plates you use for wind generators, but otherwise, it's way cheaper then making even jetboots)
Well, earlier then jetpacks.
I have all tool keybinds on "b" Water electrolyzer and night vision on H and flying stuff on N. But I'll try that

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
So..huge AE sorting/processing or Redpower?

I play without Gregtech so it's a lot easier for me :) I might start a Mindcrack/Ultimate world with that one Brutality Config pack...

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019

I play without Gregtech so it's a lot easier for me :) I might start a Mindcrack/Ultimate world with that one Brutality Config pack...
AE, if you've done redpower before. If not, flip a coin.

I've had a lot of fun playing with the AE setup, including my 'wall of destroying stuff I don't need to keep more than 10 stacks of'. ;)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

I vote for AE. Using it means less lag when it's in use, and it's pretty much impossible to jam it(though you may find it consuming insane amounts of power just by having things set up, and you might find it confusing, or misplace things, but I personally love it).

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I don't find it confusing. Also, the chance to make a FREAKING SERVER ROOM makes it too hard to pass up.

Anyone else want to post their projects etc on this thread?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Not using GregTech?
Hmmm. How about this?
Tree Farm>Charcoal>Generators>EU>Mass Fabricator (try to make say 1/min)
AND
Tree Farm>Biomass>Biofuel>HP Boiler>Turbine>EU>Mass Fabricator #2 (again try to make 1/min)

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not using IC2 too terribly much besides to power my AE that I'm gonna use. IC2 really needs to be updated to a IC3 for new stuff.

Also, guys, post your stuff here too! SERIOUSLY DO IT RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I WILL CRY OR SOMETHING

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not using IC2 too terribly much besides to power my AE that I'm gonna use. IC2 really needs to be updated to a IC3 for new stuff.

Also, guys, post your stuff here too! SERIOUSLY DO IT RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I WILL CRY OR SOMETHING
I don't have any worlds right now :(
I can't find a server to play on that I want to invest time into :(
Got any suggestions?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Automated this reactor:
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...4qbzfj7njhh1swr8v5nzsm9upgcbzzc239mx3b3o7pvr4
KyPQSxr.png

u2faEsW.jpg

Used GT advanced regulator and advanced buffer, but remembered toward the end that misc peripherals added a cheaper slot level inventory manager upgrade to turtles. The recipe was a nether star now just uses one of the other upgrades that is still expensive, but not hard to make. 2-3 turtles + upgrades are way cheaper than the GT machines and won't blow up next to the reactor -- GT machines had to be at the edges with just their output face touching.

Would also be able to get it down to just 2 AE storage networks.

Time to rebuild...