CreeperHost

would you rent from creeper host.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshA1313

Jul 29, 2019
this server host Sucks, extremely poor customer service. i rented a server for a week for around 80$ i paid quarterly, but the service was not to my liking, i canceled my service expecting a refund for the months that i had not used and after 4-5 weeks no response from them at all. this company is a joke!!!! just want to warn you guys looking for minecraft hosting, don't buy from them. save yourself the headache.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
In hopes to make this thread less about bashing CreeperHost and more about something constructive, what alternative have you found since then? What are you looking for in a service?

Personally the only hosting I trust, is one I do myself. I pay on avg an extra 5-10 dollars a month for electric for a 24/7 server. Other than the wear and tear on the pc, it really doesnt cost me that much. Consider this, you pay maybe 100-250 a year for hosting. What if you put that into upgrades for your computer to make it able to run the server yourself? Other than them adding a fancy front end in some cases, I dont see why I'd bother. Not to mention I KNOW I have good backups. The only person who really values your data is you.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
kaovalin: I'd love to run my own server, but we don't have the upstream bandwidth available in this area. Things may have changed since 1.2.5, but at that time 1mbps led to significant amounts of rubberbanding and packet loss with a few players connected. TPS was solid.

As far as CreeperHost goes, my experience with their servers and their costumer service has been phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I rent a server from CH, and things seem to be running ok. That being said, I utterly hate it. I've had multiple problems, even to the point of not being able to access my server for a month or two at a time, getting to the control panel can be a pain, although that might just be my ISP. When I do get to the control panel however, using it is a joke. I can't get to all the mod's configs from their interface, the only way I can is to use Filezilla and go through each mod folder. I can't even download their desktop clients, because one link 404's, and the other kicks me to my router (again, that might be my ISP). The customer service is slightly better now than it was when I first started renting, but not really. I used to get daily emails telling me that the server went through an nightly autosave, and to click for the report, but there was no place to click. The backups didn't exist.

If there was something else, I'd swap to them in a heartbeat, but there isn't much else.

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
this server host Sucks, extremely poor customer service. i rented a server for a week for around 80$ i paid quarterly, but the service was not to my liking, i canceled my service expecting a refund for the months that i had not used and after 4-5 weeks no response from them at all. this company is a joke!!!! just want to warn you guys looking for minecraft hosting, don't buy from them. save yourself the headache.
It sounds to me like you did not read your terms and conditions before signing up, here is what it says copied from their Website. I can say I'm happy with them.
refund policy is actually simple, if it's broken, you give us a day or two to fix it, it's something wrong with our server and not Minecraft software or configuration and we can't fix it, you get a full refund (If it's reported in the first 5 working days)

Last edited:

joshA1313

Jul 29, 2019
what you don't seem to understand is that i paid for the first 3 months in advance, so having them keep 2 months worth of payment for doing nothing is stealing, i used it for a week and decided this was not the host for me. i understand that the first months costs are fore fit , but to have them keep the money that was meant to pay for the next 2 months criminal.
now as for the servers it wasn't broken, the server had extremely poor performance!. say what you will but as it stand this is my customer experience with them, this is a warning for people who are looking for a server host. make sure you read the policies and never pay for more then the first month upfront till you know how the server will run.

Atomsk648

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a server through CreeperHost in the past and I was very satisfied with the service. I haven't had them in about a year now, but I play on servers regularly that are sponsored by them and I've yet to hear a complaint.
Looking at both of your posts on this thread, as well as Jamier's, it seems like you have to ask for a refund before you cancel. Did you just cancel anyway and expect them to give you one? Most businesses don't work that way, from what I know, but maybe that's me.

joshA1313

Jul 29, 2019
your right on the money, I'm not here to bash creeperhost I'm here to tell you the poor experience i had with them to help others avoid this problem. now for server alternative, i've decided to upgrade my net package and build a machine to host my own server from home, -pro- you can get 10x the performance from a personal machine then from a rented server, -con- many problems can arise with home machine but as long as your tech savy you should be fine, -pro- with regular backups you will always have your server, 6 month's to the first year costs will be lowered if you build your own machine to host.

Reactions: kaovalin

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
what you don't seem to understand is that i paid for the first 3 months in advance, so having them keep 2 months worth of payment for doing nothing is stealing, i used it for a week and decided this was not the host for me. i understand that the first months costs are fore fit , but to have them keep the money that was meant to pay for the next 2 months criminal.
now as for the servers it wasn't broken, the server had extremely poor performance!. say what you will but as it stand this is my customer experience with them, this is a warning for people who are looking for a server host. make sure you read the policies and never pay for more then the first month upfront till you know how the server will run.
I'd say from what you said you were paying for the spider package, which is a mid to low end package. I would have never paid 3 months in advance for any service that I had not even tried out yet, let alone not even to bother reading the terms and conditions. And now you blame CreeperHost for your own mistakes. They clearly say what their refund policy is.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
REFUND POLICY
We are happy to provide a refund within 7 days of original service commencement, given the below conditions are met, minus any fair charges for work undertaken, this is explanded upon below.
1) We must be given at least 72 hours to rectify any issues, any user interferance in this will be taken as agreement to nullify this refund policy.
2) If the issue is deemed due to configuration of your own files, then no refund will be given, we can not be held responsible for user misconfiguration, if you are unsure how to configure your server, please purchase Enhanced or Advanced support.
3) Refunds for personal issues will be concidered fairly, however rarely result in a refund.
4) Cancellation must be requested within 7 days.
5) Refunds will be given for the remainder of your term.
6) Setup fees and fees for work undertaken are non-refundable.
Please note, any credit balance is no longer currency, and can only be spent at CreeperHost, as credit balance can be obtained via multiple methods.

For those who do not wish to look it up themselves.
http://www.creeperhost.net/tos.php

Reactions: Jamierb03

joshA1313

Jul 29, 2019
its not a complaint its a thread about hosting services how they may be bad. if your going to have threads that promotes hosts why not one that warns people about bad hosts seems kind of one sided if your only going to talk about the good things a host does. I wanted to open a thread that will help people understand the pitfalls of searching for a hosting service, i did some searches online and came across a few posts that steered me from hosts that had many people talking about poor many services, i wanted to do the same for others.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say from what you said you were paying for the spider package, which is a mid to low end package. I would have never paid 3 months in advance for any service that I had not even tried out yet, let alone not even to bother reading the terms and conditions. And now you blame CreeperHost for your own mistakes. They clearly say what their refund policy is.

While I agree, I feel like many of those sites take advantage of people who dont know a whole lot about what gives a server great performance and what gives clients great performance. They charge an awful lot for what they deliver IMO. Of course if its worth it to you, then by all means.

joshA1313

Jul 29, 2019
i did cancel within the first week and yes it was for bad performance, and yes i paid 3 months in advanced so by what you posted i should get a refund.
5) Refunds will be given for the remainder of your term.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
its not a complaint its a thread about hosting services how they may be bad. if your going to have threads that promotes hosts why not one that warns people about bad hosts seems kind of one sided if your only going to talk about the good things a host does. I wanted to open a thread that will help people understand the pitfalls of searching for a hosting service, i did some searches online and came across a few posts that steered me from hosts that had many people talking about poor many services, i wanted to do the same for others.
So, you're trying to help a reasonably intelligent consumer. Good for you.
Here's the downfall to what you're doing: reasonably intelligent consumers aren't going to be looking for feed back on a forum that is sponsored by the company you're negatively reporting. They'll be looking at consumer review sites or even the forums/sites directly relating to the service they're searching.

Reactions: kaovalin

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I think while I had dinner that this got enough air from both sides of the fence. Indeed, not all hosting companies are for all consumers.

I'm locking this and moving it to the Server admin section, where those actually looking for this kind of information are more prone to find it. Thank you for the input, everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.