Creating my own lava lake

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to pump lava from an underground lake into a newly constructed man-made lake on the surface?

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i think you could use redpower pumps for making that, as it is meant to get your ass up and build a selfconstructed cage for every single block you move. Ensure, that you have your man-made lake covered by any material before you start pumping!

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i think you could use redpower pumps for making that, as it is meant to get your ass up and build a selfconstructed cage for every single block you move. Ensure, that you have your man-made lake covered by any material before you start pumping!

Ok, so the redpower pump does this?

as it is meant to get your ass up and build a selfconstructed cage for every single block you move

I'm sorry, but wha.....?

Ensure, that you have your man-made lake covered by any material before you start pumping!

Huh?

Reactions: Lambert2191

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
For the rp2 pumps you want to make sure that the area you're pumping in is closed off from the bottom as it tends to fill from the bottom up. What this function does is if there's a cave opening connected to where you're pumping the lava it will fill up from the bottom of the cave. As for what he's saying about enclosing the lava lake, he probably means to make sure there's a roof on it when you start pumping so you don't accidentally pump lava outside of where you want to put it, since the lake can overflow if you're pumping from a large source, causing much havoc and mayhem.

Decirium

Jul 29, 2019
To reverse the confusion - the redpower pump will fill a covered area with lava until it runs out of source blocks to pump or space to pump the lava in to. I used to use a single air block, block breaker and a timer to generate infinite obsidian via the redpower pump.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Kept it short for keeping it simple, but went confusional xD

So i collect all information on the topic so far that are important:

1. RP Pumps pump source blocks and put them out again on the other side.
2. They need a "tank", what is the man-made lake in your case
3. You should ensure it beeing closed of at the top as well, because it's not that funny having lava spreading above the intended sealevel