Crashes on Logging on to Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I am having an issue with the FTB Unleashed mod pack. Whenever I try to connect to any Unleashed server, I crash. This does not happen, however, when I log into a single-player server. The message I get is that my graphics driver has crashed but has recovered. This is odd because I have dual AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics cards, and I play much more graphics-intensive games than MineCraft. However, they have given me trouble before. This also does not happen when I go onto a regular MC server. Is this FTB's problem or my graphics card's problem? Please Help!

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
First, we need your log posted on pastebin.com. Also, since you have a dual AMD GPU, then I guess it's in Crossfire. Most games, such as Minecraft, aren't made for dual-GPUs. Some are compatible, some are not. Not sure why yours would crash only on a server - it shouldn't work only in single player, it should crash there too.
I don't have an AMD card and neither do I have a Crossfire configuration. But there should be an option in the AMD control panel that lets you select only one card for Minecraft.

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to disable CrossfireX, with no luck. No crash report was saved, as it was not 'Minecraft' that was at fault (I think)

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this seems obvious, but did you update your AMD Drivers? Getting the latest ones might solve this issue.
Also, while Minecraft won't make a crash log, can't you run the game with the console on? When Minecraft crashes, the FTB console will still have a crash log. Just copy paste that to pastebin.com
Besides that, you are running 64 bit Java on a 64 bit PC, right? 32 bit Java doesn't run nicely with some 64 bit CPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.