Crash landing power source

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for a crash landing power source. First off I would like to say I have access to making machine frames, since the recipe is harder. I was using a survivalist generator and a furnace generator, but as I make more and more TE machines, I will need more and more power to support them. I want to add that I have a decent supply of resources going with an auto siever with a bunch of dust in it, so if anything needs a lot of a certain metal, I should have enough materials. Thanks for the help :)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I find that the ender generator (i think that's the name) is a good way to get a lot of power and just add blaze powder to ender pearls for more power

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I find that the ender generator (i think that's the name) is a good way to get a lot of power and just add blaze powder to ender pearls for more power

At this point in the pack, I don't quite have a mob grinder system. I plan to set one up soon, but as of now is there anything that could replace the generator?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I spammed a few survivalist generator until i got the grinder and dynamo setup

you should get that one going, it will power a lot more then you think :)

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I spammed a few survivalist generator until i got the grinder and dynamo setup

you should get that one going, it will power a lot more then you think :)
Is there a particularly good way to power the reactant dynamo/survivalist gens? I made 7 gens btw

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
in my opinion if you can make machine casings but can't make a big reactor yet, your best bet is likely getting a bunch of autonomous activators sifting dust and using molten redstone in a redstone generator, it runs about 6 min(i think?) on 100mB molten redstone @ 320 RF/t, so you could easily power 6 or so on two sifters with 3 activators each with plenty of excess redstone to spare.

Only real issue that you will run into is that they will still consume fuel if their buffer is maxed out, so if you're on a server chunkloading it you'll need an automated infinite source of dust or else you'll eventually burn up all your redstone(which is absolutely doable with a few pulverizers and a cobblegen, just thought it was worth mentioning)

Reactions: pc_assassin

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
in my opinion if you can make machine casings but can't make a big reactor yet, your best bet is likely getting a bunch of autonomous activators sifting dust and using molten redstone in a redstone generator, it runs about 6 min(i think?) on 100mB molten redstone @ 320 RF/t, so you could easily power 6 or so on two sifters with 3 activators each with plenty of excess redstone to spare.

Only real issue that you will run into is that they will still consume fuel if their buffer is maxed out, so if you're on a server chunkloading it you'll need an automated infinite source of dust or else you'll eventually burn up all your redstone(which is absolutely doable with a few pulverizers and a cobblegen, just thought it was worth mentioning)
The problem is, is that how would I automate the production of dust? Would I get a pulverizer and feed cobble to it and cycle it back into itself and set a whitelisted pipe for dust and feed it into the activators?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019

I took 3 diamonds and made a Jabba Diamond Dolly to take to the city with me. Picked up an Enderman spawner. The second i got a grinder, i was set on ender pearls. So long as i'm not on the outer dozen blocks of my base, the spawner keeps spawning.

I'm tempted to go back just to snag a Blaze spawner.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I took 3 diamonds and made a Jabba Diamond Dolly to take to the city with me. Picked up an Enderman spawner. The second i got a grinder, i was set on ender pearls. So long as i'm not on the outer dozen blocks of my base, the spawner keeps spawning.

I'm tempted to go back just to snag a Blaze spawner.
I think the of creator is going to remove diamond dollies, I believe he mentioned that in his interview with purplementat on youtube. I will abuse it while I can ;)

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I think the of creator is going to remove diamond dollies, I believe he mentioned that in his interview with purplementat on youtube. I will abuse it while I can ;)
Yeah, it's sad. All those spawners. I'd move to the city and go all vanilla on them if it weren't for all the Chisel and connected textures wrecking my fps.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is, is that how would I automate the production of dust? Would I get a pulverizer and feed cobble to it and cycle it back into itself and set a whitelisted pipe for dust and feed it into the activators?
You use a transfer node sitting on top of a cobblestone with a lava source block on one side and a water source block on the opposite side. It will generate cobblestone infinitely up until it's internal buffer(1 stack) is filled, and transfer pipes can be used to connect to a pulverizer. Cobble pulverizes to gravel, gravel to sand, sand to dust. I believe dust is the only thing you can sift redstone out of in crash landing, so you'd need three pulverizers sitting side by side feeding each other, and the last feeding autonomous activators.

If you use 3 activators to a sieve, the three pulverizer chain should feed it just enough to keep it going forever with a very small amount of excess. I'd recommend trash cans or other methods of disposal under the pulverizers to get rid of the extra stuff that comes out(the stuff in the lower output slot). That should feed three redstone generators with plenty of redstone to spare, so you're getting 960 rf/t and using 120 rf/t on the pulverizers and whatever the magma crucible uses, however the magma crucible won't run anywhere near constantly on just three redstone generators.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
You use a transfer node sitting on top of a cobblestone with a lava source block on one side and a water source block on the opposite side. It will generate cobblestone infinitely up until it's internal buffer(1 stack) is filled, and transfer pipes can be used to connect to a pulverizer. Cobble pulverizes to gravel, gravel to sand, sand to dust. I believe dust is the only thing you can sift redstone out of in crash landing, so you'd need three pulverizers sitting side by side feeding each other, and the last feeding autonomous activators.

If you use 3 activators to a sieve, the three pulverizer chain should feed it just enough to keep it going forever with a very small amount of excess. I'd recommend trash cans or other methods of disposal under the pulverizers to get rid of the extra stuff that comes out(the stuff in the lower output slot). That should feed three redstone generators with plenty of redstone to spare, so you're getting 960 rf/t and using 120 rf/t on the pulverizers and whatever the magma crucible uses, however the magma crucible won't run anywhere near constantly on just three redstone generators.
Well if you are gonna do this, why not stop at gravel and use the coal?
Or if you want to be a badass, replicate @Landstryder farm and shove food in a culinary gen :3