Coolest Biomes in Biomes o' plenty

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
Sacred springs, its so cool looking. i love the colour of the grass, the tall mountains etc. always end up building in one of these

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Almost all the "magical" biomes are pretty nifty in my book. If I want to build a Tower of Necromancy, I'll definitely seek out an Ominous Woods. Sacred Springs as you mentioned makes a great backdrop for a nature-focused build; those sacred oaks are magnificent, and if you do it right, make great tree houses. And despite what seems to be the popular opinion of hating the Cherry Blossom Grove, I think it makes a great backdrop for the "good mage's" build. The Jade Cliffs make great spots for secluded monasteries. Fungi Forests are exotic with their giant mushrooms and different shades of giant oaks; it's not really my thing to build in them, but they're nice to visit.

The only magical biome (that I remember) that's iffy for me is the Mystic Grove. Witches are evil, mmkay? Then again, the magical trees are a great renewable source of Permutatio for TC4...

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Sacred Springs, Cherry Blossom Groves, Mesas, and Badlands are my faves. Mangroves are also pretty wicked, if you like the pretty bayou look that is.

As for why? Strictly appearance. Each has a beautiful aesthetic.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Increase size of biome to 8 and set it to spawn Pastures out of all biomes.
Pasture ftw.
Second place goes to Bamboo Forest and Grasslands.

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
Ominous Woods are my favorite. As a technomancer that inevitably favors Thaumcraft in every playthrough (I cannot escape Azanor's grasp!), I find the ominous woods to be exciting. I love the color, I love the danger, and I love that it counts as a magic biome for all of my thaumotological needs.

Other places of note are

Deadlands: extremely dangerous, plenty of lava, cool color.
Icy Hills: I love ice sculptures.
Silkglades: I love the dull colors and atmosphere here. The whole thing just feels "serious" to me. I don't know why. The free string is pretty cool as well.
Coral Reef: Because it is something to do in oceans.

Also, the Promised Land as a whole. It is perfect for a fantasy setting, since you can make gigantic floating geometric crystals there, and no one will bother going "Ewww... it's floating. That's not realistic!" because the whole biome is floating.