Cool contraptions to build

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mtshaw113

Jul 29, 2019
So I've gotten a little bored with the Direwolf pack, and I dont really want to explore the ampz pack becasue I dont really know how it works, and Im not too interested in it. I want some ideas for some machines(maybe Rube Goldberg) (And btw Im cheating on this, to see how stuff works and all that.) I cannot code in Lua so i want to refrain from CC.
Stuff I've already done:
I've already made UU factory, complete with cobble gen, and it makes diamonds.
I've also made another UU factory that makes glass viewers(love those)
Mob farms done.
Steves Carts wheat and tree farm.
Sorting system done

Anything that uses Xycraft and just looks awesome ill try and do, and if you want me to, I can post pictures of the final design and stuff. So Sorry for the long post, i just wanted to let you know what i've built so I dont get useless comments. Post away!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you make a self sustaining HV Solar Array Factory out of UU Matter, one that HV Solar Arrays using UU Matter and then hooks those up to the Mass Fab using Frames.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I would definitely recommend watching some DW20 vids then. He is always looking for different ways to automate things. There's the classic solar factory, which he went so far as to create a system of Fabricators that turn UU matter into all of the basic items. Cook/pulverize the ones that need it, then finally construct the whole system up to HV solars.

One thing that I have been working on, though doesn't seem practical, is an "Item call station". The idea is that I have a central age with all my sorting and processing, and a separate age as my house. This keeps lag away from the house. So, I built a system where I can call items ( this part does require CC coding though. ) and those items will be pulled from the sorting system and teleported to my house with a tesseract. At first with just pneumatic tubes, it was a little over 1 minute before the items would arrive:( With mag tubes I have gotten this down to around 15-20 seconds. If I were to rebuild the system to shorten distances and simplify some things, I could probably get it under 10 seconds, which might finally make it practical. I still don't have it all working though as I don't have a proper button menu system coded yet. Instead I have to know the ID number of the item and type that in manually. Been to lazy to finish it out knowing that even when I do that, I probably won't use it due to the time problems. It also would have problems if more than 1 person was using it at the same time, but I have a few simple ideas that could work to prevent that.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Mtshaw113

Jul 29, 2019
And I maybe should have mentioned I only have 4GB of RAM, and not a terribly good processor. Which is why I said no to frame tunnel bores. I tried to replicate Soaryn's Monstrasity(SMP, cobble gen system) I only used a stack of the Igneous things and I was trying to use a Router with some upgrades but it doesnt seem to pull out. I tried messing with the settings to pull out of every side but it wont. I then have a gold pipe connected to a tesseract, and on the other side basicly that backwards, tesseract-->gold pipe-->router where I want it to input the cobble into the top of recyclers, then turn the scrap into scrap boxes, then the scrap boxes(another router) being pulled out into the mass fab. None of the routers except the one that is pulling out scrap boxes work(which really sucks) Anyone know how to fix it?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Router won't pull from normal output sides of TE machines, because they are not normal inventories. There is special grey settings which allows access for routers or RP2 machines.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Making an automatic bee contraption takes little time. Getting all the bees is not a contraption and comes down to mostly just waiting.

My vote is two lines of turtles as long as you like. The first line should be the lower line and be block breaking turtles. As they move forward they check for a block in front and on top of them. The next line melee turtles. Forward attack and sleep. You'll also probably want to add a few chunk loader turtles. Then watch as your turtles begin a swath of destruction.

Bonus points would make the front line destroy all blocks in front of them from their y level to 256. Would take much longer but would be a much more dramatic swath of destruction. You could also make them move backwards one then forward two so they are always behind the melee turtles allowing them to more easily hit targets. You'd also need to make the melee's check for the front line below them before moving forward.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I've already made UU factory, complete with cobble gen, and it makes diamonds.
I've also made another UU factory that makes glass viewers(love those)

Try making these two without UU (or EE)

The first can be done with maunal input of coal. Or fully automatic with a wirther skeleton shard spawner.
The secound would requre access to either a vanilla zombie spawner or an iron golem spawner.

Both would be quite fun to build.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Making an automatic bee contraption takes little time. Getting all the bees is not a contraption and comes down to mostly just waiting.

My vote is two lines of turtles as long as you like. The first line should be the lower line and be block breaking turtles. As they move forward they check for a block in front and on top of them. The next line melee turtles. Forward attack and sleep. You'll also probably want to add a few chunk loader turtles. Then watch as your turtles begin a swath of destruction.

Bonus points would make the front line destroy all blocks in front of them from their y level to 256. Would take much longer but would be a much more dramatic swath of destruction. You could also make them move backwards one then forward two so they are always behind the melee turtles allowing them to more easily hit targets. You'd also need to make the melee's check for the front line below them before moving forward.

It is possible to build a ComputerCraft powered system that automatically analyzes, breeds, and makes every bee in the game, then stores it into an Apiarist's Database. This would be most definitely not simple, and extremely time consuming and complicated, but would be simply goddamn awesome if someone actually took the time to do it.

You'd need different Alvearies with different setups able to breed all types of bees, a lot of turtles that are able to detect when the breeding finished, what the bees were, and where to put them in, and an input chest where you just chuck every bee that's found in the Overworld in Hives. The turtles need to be correctly programmed to handle each bee, thaught to keep at least 1 princess and 1 drone of each pure bee species (For that you need to hook up a replicator that can clone Princesses so you can store them)... I don't even know just how many turtles would be needed, how the alvearies would have to be set up, how many of them...

Yeah, possible, EXTREMELY complicated. You'd also need to have previously managed to successfully breed at least Tropical, Common & Imperial/Noble bees, so you can get the materials needed to build the Extra Bees Machines and the Alvearies (Propolis, Pollen, Royal Jelly).

If you do build a contraption that's able to make every single type of bee out of inputting only the Hive bees in the input chest, your praise shall be sung for all eternity as the Emperor of Bees.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i missed that he didn't want CC involved. My bad. Well then, another challenge presents itself, how to build this automation of bee species without CC and it's smart inventory management and bee identification?

Can it even be done?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
If you're willing to add Gregtech (to disable the nerfs check out Velocitan's Universal FTB Config Pack,) I feel like suggesting a fully automated, self-sustaining multiblock tree farm.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you're willing to add Gregtech (to disable the nerfs check out Velocitan's Universal FTB Config Pack,) I feel like suggesting a fully automated, self-sustaining multiblock tree farm.

You could probly do that without adding greg tech to be honest.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
How would you get renewable Fertilizer?

No idea. I have not poked at the farms since a few updates back. But when I get off work I'll look at it. I'm sure there is some way that does not require GT to do it.