Configs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm debating making my own mod pack. However im not very astute when it comes to changing things in a mods config file. Anyone got any tips?

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Most mod configs should have some comments that explain what the config setting does.

Config said:
#Enabled / Disables Ritual Crafting
ritualCraft=True

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a specific way to get at the configs? I've tried to get into them but I get a "which program" prompt

And thanks for giving me the basics :)

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
just go to %appdata%/.minecraft/config/(Example)forge.cfg

You can edit there or use GUI Factory (The ingame config thingy)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
All of the above assumes you are using a Windows machine, of course.

Someone knowledgeable with the Mac may want to contribute file locations and editing software names to make the thread more complete.

Perhaps it's similar to Linux, since both it and MacOS are based on Unix?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Also, make sure you make a copy of your config folder every now and then to a completely different location. I didn't, which is why I now give out this advice. :)

Reactions: Flipz

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
All of the above assumes you are using a Windows machine, of course.

Someone knowledgeable with the Mac may want to contribute file locations and editing software names to make the thread more complete.

Perhaps it's similar to Linux, since both it and MacOS are based on Unix?
As a Linux user, I can confirm the internals of MacOS are very close to that of most Linux OSes. And config files in Linux open just fine with any text editor.