ComputerCraft + MFR Rednet Not Interfacing?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am trying to use MFR rednet with ComputerCraft's color API; Everyone says the two work, but I cannot get the computer to actually send or receive signals.

Here is the test setup. The orange lever is on, and the rs.setBundledOutput("right", colors.white) has been set. But the white lamp does not light and rs.getBundledInput("right") returns 0. Rednet cables seem to work normally in and of themselves.
UbfjMZk.png

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be that rednet does not interface with the new CC, not the other way around, surely it's on mfr's side to do the interfacing.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Reika,

I have checked with CC 1.5. After you I typed "lua", then I could use "rs.setBundledOutput("right", colors.white)" and "rs.getBundledInput("right", colors.white)" .

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The rednet integration never worked good anyway and was removed later on.
Really, I never had a single problem with it (at least on single player). What were the problems? And could it just be that given that Computercraft was given a major rewrite recently, rednet integration is something they haven't got round to reimplementing yet (especially given rednet cables seem to have changed at some point recently)?

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Really, I never had a single problem with it (at least on single player). What were the problems? And could it just be that given that Computercraft was given a major rewrite recently, rednet integration is something they haven't got round to reimplementing yet (especially given rednet cables seem to have changed at some point recently)?

Apparently, in CC 1.6 RedNet does not work. Usually I build regulators based on Programmable RedNet controllers to avoid Auto-run mess and computer craft is just source of signals for RedNet controllers.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, in CC 1.6 RedNet does not work. Usually I build regulators based on Programmable RedNet controllers to avoid Auto-run mess and computer craft is just source of signals for RedNet controllers.
Thats strange. Before the update to the new CC I had a program that worked just fine. It was quite useful too so it would be nice if support returns soon. Otherwise, I will find another method of doing the same thing (smoothly regulating dynamos). That being said, Open computers has its own built in redstone i/o block which looks like it might be even more suitable so when I reimplement this system I will look into that.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably because the APIs changed in CC 1.6. Try using 1.58 until MFR (and all the other mods with CC support) update.