ComputerCraft file location

Deimos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where all the computercraft files are located in a mindcrack server? I am trying to carry over some programs I wrote whilst we ran a tekkit server.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
This doesn't sound right,

location of program are found in the World(save file)>Computer>(id number of the computer)

if your going into the zip your messing with the API's and computercraft itself. I know dan200 is pretty open with his mod, but his license does state that you not allow to distribute modified versions. Also message with the core of the program could have undesirable effects on your server.
I authorise and encourage people to create and distribute lua programs for ComputerCraft however they see fit (try the forums at computercraft.info!). I also give permission for ComputerCraft to be included in any and all mod packs, provided that the ComputerCraft files are included completely unmodified

Deimos

Jul 29, 2019
Well im not messing with any of the coding. In Tekkit I went to
mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs/
But with FTB ComputerCraft it doesnt store the files in the same way as tekkit. IE it does not unpack the mod files.
So I downloaded the .zip file and unpacked it and added the files to the same location and then repack it.
This way the files I put are accessible on any computer I go to.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
This is modifying the jar file.To get this working out of SSP you'd have to distribute.

Maybe dan200 changed things to stop making it easy for people to modify the mod when he requests not be done.

In my opinion, you shouldn't do this. Aside from the fact that its the developer says not to, its so lazy.

Also, computercraft computers have a small memory allocation, if you fill up all the computer with your personal laziness its taking away from your users.

Deimos

Jul 29, 2019
Its not the Jar file I a changing. It is the mod .zip file, it is in the same spot as all the other files.
Also it is how the Mindcrack server runs I guess, it doesnt unzip all the files.
Also I do not see it as lazy. Its easy to code in notepadd++ and then uplaod the file on to the server.