ComputerCraft Figurine Raspberry Pie

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that dan200 sells little 3D printed turtle figurines and I had the amazing idea to put a raspberry pie in it. Has anyone done anything like this before? Also It would be nice if the turtles were a tiny bit hollow. Would a raspberry pie actually fit inside of it? I've had very little experience with them xD

-OrangeHatKidd

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that dan200 sells little 3D printed turtle figurines and I had the amazing idea to put a raspberry pie in it. Has anyone done anything like this before? Also It would be nice if the turtles were a tiny bit hollow. Would a raspberry pie actually fit inside of it? I've had very little experience with them xD

-OrangeHatKidd

you should suggest this idea to dan, he might actually change the figures so a pi would fit in it :D

cactido

Jul 29, 2019
Two seconds looking at the 3D model and the website and I was able to see why this won't work:

1. They're made of sandstone.
2. They're about an inch cubed.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clear this out (I'm not familiar with such things)
What could you do with this then?

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
Well a raspberry pi is a tiny tiny computer and if you could put in a turtle like that you could totally run lua in real. Of course you couldn't get it to move. It would be fun though!

OrangeHatKidd

Jul 29, 2019
You might be able to put a tiny display on the back. For it to make sound you'd need a little speaker. depending on the size you could have something that makes 8-bit beeps or even more. At this point it just might be better to make your own turtle chassis and put motors in it so it could run around

heethoofd27

Jul 29, 2019
That would actually be really cool if that would work especially with a tiny display and little speakers that would be so cute :p