Compress All the Enchanted Books! (CC problem)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I know when people ask about ComputerCraft sometimes they can be confusing in asking what they want. So I will try to make it as clear as I can.

Goal: To compress Enchanted Books such as "Looting I" up to "Looting III" (adding "Looting I" in an auto-anvil with "Looting I" to get "Looting II" and so on)

Problem:
  1. Turtle's "compareTo()" command does not check META data
  2. Enchanted Books do not stack
Attempts:
  1. Attempted to get an Enchanting Turtle to enchant the book and pass to the Inventory Turtle that could check a local chest for a book of the same type & level for compression. Then place both books into the auto-anvil and wait for new book. Problem: Books don't stack (so I couldn't suck() and check for more than 2 to compress) and META data not shown (can't compare an enchanted book to a known enchanted book)
  2. Attempted to have a enchanting & anvil Turtle in one to enchant as well as compress. Problem: Inventory space is not large enough to hold onto books that are waiting to be compressed. If you try to use a chest, you don't have the Inventory Module as a peripheral (plus problems above)
Discussion: My mind is hurting on this one. I feel that if I find some mod that can read META data in some way, it could be possible to find a work around.
PROGRAMMERS UNITE!!!