Compiling private modpack through FTB Launcher, Redpower

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I seem to have reached a minor hurdle, hopefully people have gotten here and know how to get past it, though I doubt it.

Okay. Eloraam's conditions are fairly easy to meet, other than the "less than a month old" one (this is one minor issue and some help would be appreciated, though not why I was posting,) and this.

Mod compilation policy said:
You must have my permission. Post on this thread.

I would, but from what I've gathered, at this point in time, Eloraam rarely, if ever, checks on the MCF thread and is notoriously hard to contact, a member of the general population would practically need to be a cyber-stalker to do so (and it's likely being a cyber-stalker would cause Eloraam to refuse permission, :p.) Would this be correct? If so, is there any way to include Redpower in an FTB private modpack without being a cyber-stalker?

(Another issue I'm almost certain about, but require confirmation, is if private modpacks distributed through FTB count as FTB in Xycraft's modpack/server permissions. I think the answer is no.)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
At least according to the mod compilation policy on Redpower's MCF thread,

Here's the deal:
- Established modpacks or private server packs only. If your post
count is below 100, and your modpack is less than a month old, I'll just say
no. A "private server pack" refers to a modpack intended to be used by a
closed membership Minecraft server and distributed only to those members.
- You must have my permission. Post on this thread.
- Proper credit and attribution. "RedPower by Eloraam", with a link to this thread, is a suitable example.
- Non-commercial, non-profit mod packs only. If you're going to bundle my mod, you can't use adf.ly or similar for the compilation pack. I'm OK with giving my work away, but not having someone else profit from it.

Quoted from http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/365357-125-eloraams-mods-redpower-2-prerelease-5b2/

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
At least according to the mod compilation policy on Redpower's MCF thread,

Post something like this in her thread:

"
Dearest Eloraam,

It is I, Whovian, and I seek access to your modification of the MineCraft system for usages of a private nature. I will assume, until otherwise stated, that it is given for I know you are without rest in these recent days for the coming of the storm. Please forgive any impudence on my part if this is as much.

Thank you, and yours forever,
Whovian
"

That should be enough, I'd think, to satisfy the requirements. Good luck!

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Post something like this in her thread:

"
Dearest Eloraam,

It is I, Whovian, and I seek access to your modification of the MineCraft system for usages of a private nature. I will assume, until otherwise stated, that it is given for I know you are without rest in these recent days for the coming of the storm. Please forgive any impudence on my part if this is as much.

Whovian
"

That should be enough, I'd think, to satisfy the requirements. Good luck!

Hmm. Me likes. Though the line

for I know you are without rest in these recent days for the coming of the storm.

confuses me quite a bit. Could you clarify this for me?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Or just do it. Who cares if you use the mod with friends.

The FTB team, the mod's author, and whatnot. Private FTB packs, using the FTB launcher system, are required to follow specific guidelines.

Now, if Whovian was to compile and release the pack all sans FTB launcher's assistance, then it's golden goose good. Which is what most of us do, mind you.

Hmm. Me likes. Though the line

confuses me quite a bit. Could you clarify this for me?
*Puts on his English professor hat*, well, the author could have meant a few different things by that.
First, the coming of MineCraft 1.5 could be seen as a "storm" because of possible conflicts.
Besides that, the author also may have meant something related to actual atmospheric conditions, although from the history of Guswut's writing, I wouldn't think that would be the case.
Actually, addressing Guswut's historical writing, it is more likely that he wasn't referencing anything specific, but, instead, was attempting to create a thought-friction-pocket. This would be in line with the majority of his works.
</hat>
It's really none of the above, and something that was required to be added. You can replace it with a reference to kittens, if you can get that to work as well. Kittens and storms are about the same on that scale.

Reactions: Whovian

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Here's what I posted.

Craftiyan said:
Dearest Eloraam,

I, Craftiyan, seek access to your modification of the Minecraft system for usages of a private nature, limited to a very small tribe of Minecraftians. I will assume, until otherwise stated, that it is given for I know you are preparing for the coming of the Minecraft kitten swarm of 1.5. Please forgive any impudence on my part if this is as much.

Craftiyan

(Note that my MCF username is Craftiyan.) \Crosses fingers

Also, can anyone address my minor Xycraft confusion on the OP, to confirm my suspicions?

Reactions: Guswut

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be considered advertising if I, hypothetically, were to suggest you try out the new Technic platform?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You know if you bring up that it is a FTB launcher based private pack that might count as the 1 month old.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Abdiel has a point here, it may bet better suited for your needs to run off Platform, seeing as FTB private packs are currently closed, as well as a host of other things.