Cobble collection

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
So i posted a thing on how to get cobble and i got a few responses mostly saying use igneous extruders and if you don't already know I'm trying to collect 1 Billion Cobblestone yea thats right 1,000,000,000 Cobblestone currently on 2 Million I'm storing it in AE Network i have plenty of space in the network and heres my setup of making cobblestone btw this is all legit
Here is where its stored plus all my other stuff (ALL 64KS)
1IlHZah.png

This is where most is made
7CIqQj5.png

6aldhty.png

So in total i have 256 igneous extruders and I'm making more if i wanna reach my goal then its gonna take time :)

So what do you guys think and you got any better ways of getting cobble also dose the igneous extruder make 1 cobble per second? Also my next goal will to be able to get 24 fusion reactors the GT Ones currently digging out a 64x64x64 area for it all anyways 1 Billion cobble hear i come!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If you're not limited on the server I would suggest turtles. I would build up to about 128(All need to be chunk loading turtles so yeah...) mining turtles.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/just-another-turtle-mining-program.16062/

I would suggest using that program with several tree farms making charcoals or 3-4 tier 5 blaze/wither shards.

Make them dig up to ~65 and they'll get 90% of the blocks(As in from bedrock to surface 90% of the blocks). From personal experience using around 45 of them on a server net us around 8 million excess cobble in about a week.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Or you know, save some electricity bills, unnecessary heat generation (in real life) and just spawn 2 billion cobble through the console. It's not like you'll be able to grief anyone with it in any short amount of time. Lol. You'd just get to make a museum out of it and say you have it. Completely harmless.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer: use more igneous extruders.
Long answer: use A LOT more igneous extruders and maybe a few too many quarries.
Bonus answer: please store all that in MFR DSUs.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
If you're not limited on the server I would suggest turtles. I would build up to about 128(All need to be chunk loading turtles so yeah...) mining turtles.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/just-another-turtle-mining-program.16062/

I would suggest using that program with several tree farms making charcoals or 3-4 tier 5 blaze/wither shards.

Make them dig up to ~65 and they'll get 90% of the blocks(As in from bedrock to surface 90% of the blocks). From personal experience using around 45 of them on a server net us around 8 million excess cobble in about a week.
Yea I guess but currently I'm getting like 2million a day

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You seriously should try to fill up a DSU. It's 2billion, but you're going there anyway. You'd be the first.

You should try converting all of the dirt/gravel into cobble via minium stones. You'd need a fairly large farm set up, and it probably won't be worth it, but every stack counts, right?

Also, to those telling him to just spawn the stuff in, where's the fun in that? Sheesh.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's a challenge - get all the cobble before FTB 1.6.x pack is officially released.

If you wanted to "cheat", turn the cobble into cobble slabs. That'll double what you have stored.

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
I wrote a script for this script:

My script simply places the turtles, fills them with the stuff needed (enderchests) and gives every turtle the program. After that it starts the turtle and places the next.
If it runs out of materials, it simply places an enderchest and pulls out whatever is in there (you will need 3 enderchests; 1 for the turtles, 1 for the coal Chests and 1 for the dump chests).
If it has no more turtles to place and the turtle chest is empty, it waits until you supply more.

Using that, we placed around 700 turtles without doing anything (early endgame). So, if you are interested, I will start a Thread for that, to explain the whole setup.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I can't believe you're using 256 interfaces instead of 2-3 routers.

It's like watching somebody eat Jello with a butter knife.

yup, routers would have been far more efficient in this situations, as you only need a few of them instead of many many interfaces. and don't forget that almost every component in an AE system uses power, so the power cost to use all those interfaces will be quite high aswell

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently in the process of filling a DSU with Octuple Compressed....it's gonna take a while...though, I haven't started yet...it's on my todo list :).

Though, I'm just planning on using transport pipes to route everything into an enderchest that is importing into my ae system.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently in the process of filling a DSU with Octuple Compressed....it's gonna take a while...though, I haven't started yet...it's on my todo list :).

Though, I'm just planning on using transport pipes to route everything into an enderchest that is importing into my ae system.
You do realise this requires 86,093,442,000,000,000 cobblestone? Even with EE2 that would take forever.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
You do realise this requires 86,093,442,000,000,000 cobblestone? Even with EE2 that would take forever.

correct, with 1 million extruders it would take about 2700 years :D...it's more to see how far I can get than actually reaching the goal :D

munch15a

Jul 29, 2019
unless he finds a better way what avout using some sorta turtle plus lava plus water generator ?