Whitelist Server (Closed) Singularity|Infinity 1.0.1|Whitelist|Age 16+. Now with Bunnies!

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
The application process is closed at this time. We've reached a good volume of players and don't want to overload our server. Thank you for your interest. We'll continue to review current open applications. Also, if you know someone on the server, you can still apply and be accepted if they vouch for you.

Welcome to the Singularity. We have a long history, and are excited to try something new and open our doors to new faces as well! Brand new modpack, brand new map.

We strive for a mature community of friendly community-oriented people. We're going to try things without any plugins or extras for the time being and see how it goes.

We also have a Vanilla 1.8 server. You will be whitelisted to both places.

Think you're a good fit? Let's see how you assimilate.

Mandatory Server Info
Server IP: vps21410.vps.ovh.ca
Pack: Infinity (Usually the latest recommended)
Rules: Just the standard stuff - no racism, etc. No dickery. Mandatory reading: http://singularitymc.enjin.com/forum/m/16926196/viewthread/8733244-rules-guidelines
Disabled Items: Absolutely none.
Beta: Nope.
Difficulty: 1 for now. Will bump it up to 2 or 3 in a few days once everyone's gotten settled. Mob Griefing is off.
Slots/specs: 20 slots. 3.5 Gigs of memory allocated.

Other Info
Announcement and basic info about us and this modpack: http://singularitymc.enjin.com/forum/m/16926196/viewthread/19328221-announcing-infinity-modpack

Application Info
Copied from http://singularitymc.enjin.com/forum/m/16926196/viewthread/9880992-whitelist-applications

Applicants MUST READ THE RULES and answer the following questions:
* What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)?
* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)?
* What is your play style?
* Is PVP allowed on our server?

Answering only those questions is guaranteed to get your application rejected. We want to know that you are trustworthy. Feel free to expand upon your answers and add additional questions to answer. Here's a couple example questions that you can modify/answer:

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on?
* Why did you leave your last server?
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? (come on, don't be boring)
* What is your role in a community?

As an added note, extremely lengthy applications will probably be rejected.

Finally, you are strongly encouraged to send an email to [email protected] to sign up for our email list, or else Subscribe to various parts of our Forums, so we can contact you if you forget about our forums or in case of important news regarding server upgrades, downtime, etc. We rarely send out emails, but when we do, it's important and we'd hate for you to miss it. If you no longer wish to be a part of the email list, simply send another email to us stating so and we'll remove you, simple as that. We do not share your email with anybody - your privacy is very important to us.

Last edited:

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? Elvanos
Skype/TS/Ventrillo: I have all and can use all, but i would prefer to give these information INSIDE the game, not on the forums.
How did you find out about Singularity? FTB Forums
Do you know anybody here? Not a living soul :p
Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? I have a friend that might want to join LATER on hes own, but I will play even without her.
What is your play style? I am more a slow builder that like to build cube-shaped, very tech-heavy and complex sky-houses. Over the years I perfected my builds in a way that I use as least chunks for them as possible with as minimalistic infrastructure of pipes or tubes as I can... so my houses generally tend to have 8x more infrastucture than most people, but lag the server far less, because I am trying to build carefully.... and then I like to go end game magicz super sayan :)
Is PVP allowed on our server? Only if the guy is OK with it, but I am more of a builder than a fighter so I dont really care much tbh... I am not gonna be killing anyone :)

Funny story:
I once build my cube house with a fully automated mob grinder for people to get XP from. You could swap between 10 different mob types with 10 levers. Everytime I came back, there was at least one guy grinding my farm, because no one on the server understood how it worked, but everyone wanted those free xp. :)
What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? Well, nothing on the LAST server I played at, but the pre-last (Blood n Bones), I built a big reactor that was suplying half the server with power for free as it produced more power than it took to get more resources (4 MFR Minigh lasers connected to the quarry ftw).
Why did you leave your last server? Lack of people and kinda boring modpack (Phoenix Reborn with 2 people)
If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? Feel overwhilming urge to FIX IT FOR THEM TO LOOK AND WORK DECENT.... but resist it and keep walking. Maybe talk to them once they come online to offer some hints,
What is your role in a community? Builder, technician (no programming tho), supplier and a helper since I have a pretty deep knowledge on how a lot of mods work (especially tech ones.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Good application. Welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing you on.
Don't forget to also join our Forums for up-to-date information and out-of-game discussions.

An Angry Otter

Jul 29, 2019
What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? NeoAkihiro
Skype/TS: I have many, but prefer keep them secret on forum
Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? No, I'm a poor alone soul
What is your play style? I'm a tech oriented builder
Is PVP allowed on our server? Only with OK people, but you know, I already die a lot vs monsters so vs players... :)

What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? I never played on a server (except sometimes with a friend, but no crazy builds or anything) so nothing
Why did you leave your last server? I was the only regular player, so not so fun
If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? Derpy base? That's may be mine (Plz, send help ;) )
What is your role in a community? I like the idea of a workshop, so I would say a self-service base

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)?
Donmyster

* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)?
No, I feel like when joining a new server it is best to make new friends along the way.

* What is your play style?
Definitely over the top, I like to hoard all the resources to the point where it basically becomes creative and then to use them i generally build a large project which will drain all my resources dry. I like to automate everything but to be honest isn't that why everyone plays modded ?

* Is PVP allowed on our server?
Only if the two parties agree to a pvp battle, personally i don't kill players as i see no point to get items which i did not craft. But i guess that's just in my playing style.

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on?
Well on the server we previously played on, we were messing around with the new Thaumcraft fire and accidentally burnt down half of spawn! We used only Golems to kill the ender dragon and we made a machine which can kill 64 withers in 20 hits.... all at once!!

* Why did you leave your last server?
I never left, just taking a break... We had come to the end of most mods and seen as though the pack isn't released yet... i found no more need to play, besides i'm looking forward to meeting new people.

* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? (come on, don't be boring)
If it were someone I knew then probably link a myscraft book to his house and use a autospawner to spawn chickens and flood his house... Possibly add a potion of invisibility to the chickens before he arrives back !!

* What is your role in a community?
My role is to provide guidance to others... I know a lot about the mods and often I will have builds which people will use to base theirs off of... I guess you can call me the all round tech guy !!

I do own TeamSpeak as well as mumble and skype. I play every night for over an hour and I love speaking to people in what ever way I can. Hopefully we will get to do a build together sometime!! Hopefully it can be massive. I would just like to thank you for taking the time to read my entry and i hope to see you on the server soon !!

Last edited:

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
* What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? VeggetoSSJ
* Do you come with someone else?: No
* What is your play style?: I like to take it easy in building up my base, as not to get to bored to fast with the modpack and have fun with others :).
* Is PVP allowed on our server? No, but 'dueling' is OK

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on?: Cursing an admin with Witchery on one of my previous server and him not knowing where all the monsters are coming from XD
* Why did you leave your last server? Server Owner was being a d*ck, killing any1 who had a low deathcount, even if it meant bypassing their claims.
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? (come on, don't be boring): Snoop around, like the curious cat I am and maybe leave a sign behind with a message about their derpiness.
* What is your role in a community? I know most of the main mods in the modpack, i can help others set up things if they need help.

I own TS and Skype, so i can be talk on either if possible (preferable TS) and i live in The Netherlands (GMT+1)

Doomadness

Jul 29, 2019
* What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? Doomadness
* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? My GF maybe want to join the server but that doesnt matter for me
* What is your play style? Most time Lonewolf but at some points i interact with the community
* Is PVP allowed on our server? If the other person say its ok then yes.

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? iN3RDDannyx
Skype/TS/Ventrillo: Have both TS + Skype can also get Ventrillo is need but i prefer TS.
Do you know anybody here? Sadly not, but happy to make friends :D
Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? Nah im a lone solider
What is your play style? Start of getting the storage and then aim for the tech routes. Then I goo onto mods that I am not familiar with (Thaumcraft)
Is PVP allowed on our server? It is only ok if both parties are happy with it.
Funny story: Made a MFR cactus farm and it was running for a while 200,000+ cactus inside a DSU. I wanted to move the DSU from above the farm to under it. When i mined it it fell onto the cactus and got destroyed and lost all the cactus. ¬.¬
What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? In old modded minecraft. I build a solar panel factory for the server using Buildcraft, RP2 tubes. Fun to build and also great to give something back to the server!
Why did you leave your last server? Joining a server that has been running for a while. Other people were near end game and so the admins did a server reset before i could progress where i wanted too.
If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? Leave it been. Dont judge a base as 'derpy'. Might be a work of art to someone else! :p
What is your role in a community? Making builder that will also help the other players out (Eg farms and animal pens) Help new people get a kick start.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
@An Angry Otter
@Veggetossj
You two are in. Welcome aboard!

@Dmyster
I like your application, but I'm concerned that you may not be a good match for our server. Massive builds can easily get out of hand and start harming the TPS, which would hurt the experience for other players. Burning down half of spawn and spawning 64 withers isn't exactly the best track record either. I'd encourage you to maybe find another server - but if you really want to join this one, just promise me you'll be careful and I'll let you in.

@Doomadness
Sorry. Rejected.

@iN3RDDannyx
Looks good. Whitelisted and we look forward to seeing what you build!

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
@Kahless61

I certainly understand your concern! I do not mean to try to harm your server in any way, I guess i should have mentioned that all these builds were done with the owner at the end of the server's life. I honestly won't do anything to try take the server down or anything of the like. At the end of the day if I do build something that may affect other players then I am happy to take it down! Would that be a suitable compromise ?

OhhWorddd

Jul 29, 2019
*What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? OhhWorddd
*Skype/TS/Ventrillo: I've got both TS and Skype.
*How did you find out about Singularity? FTB Forums
*Do you know anybody here? Nope.
* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? No, I come alone :)
* What is your play style? Sometimes i like to start with magic, sometimes i like to start with tech. The absolute first thing i do is get a mining turtle so mining will be much easier.
* Is PVP allowed on our server? It is O.K if both parties are happy for it. Personally, i don't really like PVP.

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? It was SkyFactory2, and my friend placed 10 lucky blocks and the first one exploded my whole base... Not really funny, but definitly memorable.
* Why did you leave your last server? It got shut down, people started to be inactive.
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? (come on, don't be boring) Just leave it, even if the person is not there they could still be working there, expanding.
* What is your role in a community? I like being generous, helping people out when they need help, and also being a leader.

Skarate

Jul 29, 2019
*What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? SKarate
*Skype/TS/Ventrillo: I use Skype primarily
*How did you find out about Singularity? FTB Forums
*Do you know anybody here? No
* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? No, but I might invite more friends to come over later.
* What is your play style? I've been trying to change my play style lately. I used to go hard deep into the mods immediately, but lately I've been thinking of taking a slower approach and work on building a decent size home and then start filling it in with learning mods I haven't done before.
* Is PVP allowed on our server? Only if both parties agree.

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? On a small server I ran for my friends, I created this dummy house before some of them got on which had a shrouded pressure plate connected to a couple of tnt with a bunch of diamond ore on the inside. One of my friends, who plays with sound off I might add, found it like 4 weeks into the server and his reaction had us all cracking up for a good while. (We got all of his stuff back after words, it was meant as a harmless prank, not something I would set up on someone else's server.)
* Why did you leave your last server? Lack of people.
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? (come on, don't be boring) Explore it, look through what all is there, if there are manual farms and chests there, harvest and place everything I get from it in a chest (or maybe keep one or two things to start up my own farm if I don't have that item) and then move on.
* What is your role in a community? I tend to be helpful with information and materials as needed.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
@OhhWorddd
@Skarate
You're in. Hope to see you on soon!

@Doomadness
If you're still interested, consider re-reading the requirements and feel free to submit your application again. The reason for rejection was that the application did not meet the requirements that I listed.

Bigman52796

Jul 29, 2019
* What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? bigman52796
* Skype/TS/Ventrillo: Skype primarily, though I do have TS as well.
Nope, all by myself for the time being
* What is your play style? I am a big fan of magic mods. I'll still use tech mods here and there, but generally only if I have to. I'm also not a very good builder :(, so I mainly try to focus on making things as functional as possible. I try my best to hide wires, cables and such as well as I can, but other than that, you'll probably find me in a stone/wood cube.
* Is PVP allowed on our server? Unnecessary killing is not allowed, but if both people agree to it, it is ok.
* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? I haven't played on many servers, so not much to tell from past experiences.
* Why did you leave your last server? Everyone was very isolated, and no one really talked.
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? (come on, don't be boring) Honestly, that would probably be my base :). And if it wasn't, there wouldn't be much I'd be able to help with. The most i could do would be to put down some nitor to make it pretty (well, my version of "pretty", anyway).
* What is your role in a community? I'm always happy to lend a helping hand, whether with knowledge, resources, help with building (as much as I could offer), or anything else someone may need. I would consider myself fairly knowledgeable with most of the bigger mods, as well as some smaller ones, though I'm sure there's plenty that I could still learn myself :D.

roberlando98

Jul 29, 2019
*What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)?roberlando98
*Skype/TS/Ventrillo: I use Skype primarily and can use Team speak
*How did you find out about Singularity? I've been looking for a server for a while stumbled onto it via Google
* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't white-listed too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)?Nope, i will most likely invite others eventually though.
* What is your play style?My play style is more build based, even though i like mods i tend to venture into building for a while before messing with them.
* Is PVP allowed on our server? If both people agree.

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? Me and 2 others had been playing on a server i hosted for a while and some how a chuck of one of these people had disappeared with out any reason for it and he ended up blaming all of us and started a nuclear war, ending up with all of us having to relocate all of our stuff using only boats and we did a survival island type of thing for many days to come.
* Why did you leave your last server? lack of community
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do?Explore it, but leave everything that they have because they worked hard for what they built and i would like them to do the same for me.
* What is your role in a community?I tend to be decent with information and will respond with the most valuable information that i have.

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
*What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? Dr_Jangles
*Skype/TS/Ventrillo: I use Skype and TS regularly
*How did you find out about Singularity? Forums here
* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't white-listed too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? Nope
* What is your play style? Building up a decent base under certain major mod and then just derping about and having tons of fun with others.
* Is PVP allowed on our server? If both people agree.

* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? Building tons of skybases (blood and bones servers mainly) and then forgetting that i couldnt fly at that point.
* Why did you leave your last server? only player on in 2 months so they shut the server down
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? Put a sign on it saying "i added this sign to add to the derp style" and walk on
* What is your role in a community? magical guide and great with Steve's factory manager and AE for a completely automated base.

smash090

Jul 29, 2019
* What is your In Game Name (IGN, case sensitive)? smash090
Age 24
* Do you come with someone else that you probably won't join if they aren't whitelisted too (e.g. girlfriend, building partner - note that they will need to make their own application as well)? no
* What is your play style? building and exploring and playing with magic mods!
* Is PVP allowed on our server? If both people agree and are okay with pvping otherwise no.
Skype/TS- Have both skype and team speak
Know anybody here?- No i do not.
* What is a funny, interesting, or memorable story from a previous server you played on? Me of the guys were in a small prank war and we both ended up cursing eachother with witchery at the same time.
* Why did you leave your last server? No one was ever really on and playing.
* If you come across someone's derpy base, and they're not home, what might you do? Probably add some signs saying go here and just make them think something is around the corner of there base
* What is your role in a community? Helping with most of the magic mods, as well as playing with bees lol (yes i know everyones favorite)