Civilization Organisation Thread

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Welcome to the Civilization Organisation Thread! I saw people discussing civilization in the signup thread for the latest ww game, and thought, why not! So I created this thread! Games will be organised similarly to werewolf games, but with a set play time for every day.

Rules:
1. Games will be played in vanilla civilization 5, games that are not vanilla civ 5 will be called "side games" and will run alongside the main games. Main games take priority, and side games must take place at a different time in the day to main games.
2. Games must have the setting on to only allow 90 seconds per turn (this can be lessened for a custom game), and games will be in hybrid mode.
3. Games will take between half an hour and an hour per day.
4. GMs must be online at the time specified or must tell everyone the day before that they will not be on. Breaking this rule will mean that you are not allowed in the next two games.
5. If a player does not turn up for the time specified, they will be replaced by either a player who couldn't get into the game or by a computer on normal level for the rest of that day.
6. Feel free to use custom rules and maps, but I would prefer it if the first game hosted was quite normal.
7. GMs, please try to find a time which works for everybody, not just for you.

People's steam names (tell me your steam name and add all these people if you want to host or join a game):
1. Livingangrycheese -LivingAngryCheese
2. Erntuiean - Eruantien
3. playerismc - playerismc
4. Lethosos - Lethosos
5. Fraction2 - Fraction2
6. Bashful Giant - Bashful Giant
7. dylanpiera - dylanpiera

Current game:
None. :(

Host queue:
No one. You guys make me sad.

Will your civilization stand the test of time?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Cheese, did you successfully link back here from the ww org thread? I couldn't find a link (but my window is super tiny due to sharing window space with little person

edit: yeah, you did :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

playerismc

Jul 29, 2019
I can't host a game, cause I don't have the game atm, and I don't know much about it.
Also my Steam name is obviously playerismc

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'll consider this. Might even splurge and get Civ 5. In the meantime, I'm up for Alpha Centari, which is also in the same Civ family.

Steam: Lethosos

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
wellwhywouldyousetthisupifyouwerentplanningtohostagame.gifv

Might want to add what versions of Civ we each have in the OP as well. I have C3-C5, all complete editions.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds entertaining. Despite being excessively mediocre at all the civs, I'm game for this.

Steam is Fraction2, avatar identical to here, and I own all the civs up to (and including) five.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I won't be hosting a game for a few days at least, but I can join them.
As soon as I figure out how to play C5. :p