Chunk loading OFF for quarries ?

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
Is there way to disable chunk loading for quarry as players build their heavy factories on quarry chunk which leads to non stop heavy factory activity.

Senmori

Jul 29, 2019
You could turn off chunk-loading while the player is logged off. It won't disable the loading of chunks, but it's a start at least. :/

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
As admin if someone abuses the quarry chunk loading mechanics I'd smash their stuff up, that's a good way to stop it from re-occurring.

NimeniAltu666

Jul 29, 2019
It's stupid to disable chunk cloading for quarry's. It crashes the idea of a machine mining for you, you can't walk away from it cause it won't mine anymore. (if you don't have it near your house of course)

Senmori

Jul 29, 2019
Also toggled in forgeChunkLoading.cfg ?

Edited file should look like this?
http://pastie.org/5620786

Actually I was talking about ChickenChunks.cfg. More specifically these lines:
The default is set to true, so change it to false so players have to be logged in for their chunkloaders to work.
Code:
allowoffline
{
    DEFAULT=false
    OP=true
}

jonwilli

Jul 29, 2019
I just removed recipe for Chicken's Chunk Loader(I removed all chunkloaders recipes, world anchors,etc) or you can just remove the mod from the server.

I like removing craft-able recipes instead of mods.
I can then have a limit..1 anchor/quarry per person etc.

or I can set up a Trade Station.I disabled wrath ignitor..trade station gives 1 drk iron block for 2 iron blocks.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Err you do realise the quarry keeps it's own chunks loaded without the need for a chunkloader? I think the OP was talking about people building inside quarry loaded chunks.

Senmori

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but we were giving him alternatives since you can't disable the quarry's ability to load chunks.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but we were giving him alternatives since you can't disable the quarry's ability to load chunks.
You can disable Buildcraft's ability to load chunks. As the only thing that loads chunks in BC currently is the quarry, that's effectively the same thing.

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
how can you limit the item/player ? you just give them 1 manually ?
Yes. We did this on a Tekkit server with relatively good success (only 1 chunk loader 'roamed'; more on that later). Admin would manually place the block (usually in creative) after receiving the raw materials, then the block would be protected to prevent the player from moving it/hiding it. Of course, there were some loopholes (one player figured out frames avoiding a restriction we placed on breaking the block... so we surrounded it with bedrock :p). We also used a google doc to track the coordinates of chunk loaders.

However, between Forge's own config files and ChickenChunk's /chunkloaders command, it's pretty easy to limit chunk loading and see where the bad boys are hiding ;).

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
Forge gives an example for mod specific settings; it's located in forgeChunkLoading.cfg

If you want to disable Buildcraft quarries from chunk loading, you would add this above the defaults area of the config...

Code:
BuildCraft|Factory {
    # Maximum chunks per ticket for the mod.
    I:maximumChunksPerTicket=0

# Maximum ticket count for the mod. Zero disables chunkloading capabilities.
    I:maximumTicketCount=0
}

In order to turn off or modify other mods, use the mod ID which can be found either using /chunkloaders (it'll show up in the tooltip for the force loaded chunks) or by checking the mcmod.info file inside the mod archive.

attilavv

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

When i place this code in forgeChunkLoading.cfg the railcraft World Anchor can't active.

With this code :
Railcraft {
I:maximumChunksPerTicket=9
I:maximumTicketCount=3
}

I can place 3 world anchor and it works good. The 4 don't.

I have make a test with this code :
BuildCraft|Factory {
I:maximumChunksPerTicket=200
I:maximumTicketCount=200
}

And don't works ! A quarry without land mark can't take chunks ! ! !
I have testing with 10, 20, 50 and 100 value same problem.

I have a server without any block and other méthode for automatique minning and i have revoved some mods on the FTB Ultimate 1.1.2
Chiken chunk is removed too and i want only the pay methode with ender perle from Railcraft with world anchor.

How to remove ONLY the chunk loading for Quarry ?
( or remove the quarry recipe ? )

PS : Sorry for my poor english but french.