Christmas craft!?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
So in today's episode of Dire's let's play they apparently installed something called christmas craft! Please tell me this may actually join a pack at some point. D=

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Adding a seasonal mod to the pack would either be silly or a bad idea.

It would be silly because to keep it from being a bad idea, they'd have to keep it in the pack year round, which would really screw with the biomes, weather, and keeping your water thawed.
It would be a bad idea if they include it seasonally because if players have ANY ChristmasCraft things in a chest anywhere, attempting to open the chest would cause a crash after ChristmasCraft is removed.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Adding a seasonal mod to the pack would either be silly or a bad idea.

It would be silly because to keep it from being a bad idea, they'd have to keep it in the pack year round, which would really screw with the biomes, weather, and keeping your water thawed.
It would be a bad idea if they include it seasonally because if players have ANY ChristmasCraft things in a chest anywhere, attempting to open the chest would cause a crash after ChristmasCraft is removed.
if it's a well written mod, you can keep it on and it won't do anything to your world outside of the holiday season.

But I personally hope they don't, seasonal game content is a waste - content should always be available to play with.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Why not have a separate package of mods called "FTB Seasonal", which would contain mods and content from various seasonally-themed mods. It'd be available year-round, and players could decide whether or not they wanted to play with just the content for the current season or if they wanted to mess with it year-round. ;-)

...actually, now that I think of it, a seasonal adaptation of ExtraBiomesXL (i.e. a "Haloween" biome full of pumpkins and dead trees, a "Christmas" biome full of pine and redwood trees bedecked with glowing mushrooms and naturally spawning snow golems, an "Easter" biome full of rolling hills, grassy meadows, and brightly-colored sheep... etc.) would be AWESOME for such a pack. :D

Reactions: Confidential1207