Cheap ME network?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Those storage cells in AE cost hand and leg. Is there a good way to save on them?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Not really I'm afraid. Put up a quarry, boring machine or similar to get resources I would say.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Those storage cells in AE cost hand and leg. Is there a good way to save on them?

AE isn't supposed to be an early game mod you start with. it's more of a midgame to endgame mod, where you need to collect quite large amounts of resources to properly start off with

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
What about Storage Bus? Can I use ordinary chests with Storage Bus as a replacement for storage cells? I just want to be able to access and craft stuff from single point.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yes a storage bus works well for that. You can make a functional AE network without any actual AE drives or storage that way.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
LP requires different resources, but personally I think it's not really cheaper than AE.

meh, you can use both worlds and constantly pick the one that's cheaper.
I find it cheaper to set up a storage system using logistics pipes then using AE

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
meh, you can use both worlds and constantly pick the one that's cheaper.
I find it cheaper to set up a storage system using logistics pipes then using AE
It is, but only because storage with AE requires AE resources and storage with LP requires other storage solutions, because LP doesn't have storage stuff. It has sorting, crafting, and sending things places. AE has sorting, crafting, and storage. Two mods with two different ways of doing things.

I'm considering removing AE, but I'm not convinced it's a good idea just yet. AE has some great things, such as it's storage. But it's expensive because of it needing resources that only it uses and only it adds. If it cut out total need on it's own quartz(even some system to turn nether quartz into its quartz like DartCraft allows), then it'd be totally fine in my books.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What kills CPU less, LP or AE?
Depends on what you're doing, I suppose. AE beats LP for it's autocrafting because no items rendered = less server lag. LP beats AE for world gen loads because no world gen = less server lag. If one could have LP use TE Itemducts without issue, then it would win hands down at pretty much everything except storage, by virtue of AE having storage and LP not having storage.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There are rumors of a LP version designed for Itemducts. Bevo mentioned them on his channel, but I've heard nothing since.

AE is guaranteed not to have bounce back which is amazing. LP has much more precision. Frankly, I use both. You can save a little on resources, by using the buildcraft assembly table to make processors, but it's not a huge savings.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There are rumors of a LP version designed for Itemducts. Bevo mentioned them on his channel, but I've heard nothing since.

AE is guaranteed not to have bounce back which is amazing. LP has much more precision. Frankly, I use both. You can save a little on resources, by using the buildcraft assembly table to make processors, but it's not a huge savings.
Rumors? More like experimental support. It's disabled by default, because it's experimental. Gee, I wonder why no one knows it's released already?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I thought it was still in alpha phases.

On the other hand, better that than some of the other experimentals that got released.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
No such thing (yet?).
Storage busses are not a cheaper alternative to drives, but they are a cheaper option in specific circumstances.
A fully upgraded JABBA barrel with a storage bus is a better option for storing mass amounts of one item then a dedicated formatted drive, it's even better if you use DSU's. But storage busses do not replace drives per se but they are better then drives for some uses.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was still in alpha phases.

On the other hand, better that than some of the other experimentals that got released.
Is that a IC2 is dead joke? Because the LP TE3 support is, AFIAK, only in experimental stages, and only in experimental builds, and while that may seem neither here nor there, the point still stands.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
No such thing (yet?).
Storage busses are not a cheaper alternative to drives, but they are a cheaper option in specific circumstances.
A fully upgraded JABBA barrel with a storage bus is a better option for storing mass amounts of one item then a dedicated formatted drive, it's even better if you use DSU's. But storage busses do not replace drives per se but they are better then drives for some uses.
Don't forget extra cells block storage cells. They store the amount that fits into a 64k cell for the price of a 1k cell and a chest, limited to one item type.

Reactions: immibis

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? Notbad_Obama.tiff
Yes. All the drives on the left side are pretty much full of them, I think there is only one or two preformatted "normal" cells in there.
9ZAPBvX.png