change my tekkit lite world to ftb?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

grinjouw9993

Jul 29, 2019
oh i have a personal server that me and a few friends play on. i want to know if its possible to transfer my world from tekkit to a personal ftb server? of is it to complicated to change block IDs. if someone has done this or knows how please link me a tutorial.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
You can transfer it, just.. copy paste the world.. And, it's not just a matter of changing ID's.. if that were the case, you could just simply copy paste configs.. The thing is... The world has the blocks stored by ID, so you will have to put the tekkit ID's in FTB.. which means, you will have to do so EVERY UPDATE. So.. yeah, that. I think you could install Id Solver, then make a dump, and the modify in every version the config of the ID solver only.. But don't know if it will work! I think is worth at try at least! Let me know if it works :p

BTW: Welcome to Feed The Beast !!! I hope you have fun!

DSet

Jul 29, 2019
You can transfer it, just.. copy paste the world.. And, it's not just a matter of changing ID's.. if that were the case, you could just simply copy paste configs.. The thing is... The world has the blocks stored by ID, so you will have to put the tekkit ID's in FTB.. which means, you will have to do so EVERY UPDATE. So.. yeah, that. I think you could install Id Solver, then make a dump, and the modify in every version the config of the ID solver only.. But don't know if it will work! I think is worth at try at least! Let me know if it works :p

BTW: Welcome to Feed The Beast !!! I hope you have fun!

Please tell me how to change IDs..! Im desperate!

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
This might help (though of course you will need to make your own patch.txt going from the tekkit lite ids to the ftb ids). There are a few things that tekkit lite has that ftb doesn't so you will probably need to map them to stone or something.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me how to change IDs..! Im desperate!

Welcome to the forums!

It is simple. Go into your minecraft folder. There should be a folder called configs. Open it. This folder contains all the config files for your mods. If you open these files with a simple text editor (notepad works well, notepad++ works better) you should find the bit in it where you can change the ids. All you need to do is change the number to the id you want. Do this for all of your id conflicts. NEI has a useful tool where it will dump a list of all block/item id allocations for your instance. If you get that it might make the process easier for you.

Also, the last post on this thread before yours was in may and you are asking a different question than the OP. Instead of resurrecting old threads with only faintly related questions it would have been better to start your own thread. However for simple questions like this there is an ask a simple question get a simple answer thread that is perfect for what you asked. I know its huge but the forum will alert you when someone has responded to you.

I hope you fix your id problem.

DSet

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

It is simple. Go into your minecraft folder. There should be a folder called configs. Open it. This folder contains all the config files for your mods. If you open these files with a simple text editor (notepad works well, notepad++ works better) you should find the bit in it where you can change the ids. All you need to do is change the number to the id you want. Do this for all of your id conflicts. NEI has a useful tool where it will dump a list of all block/item id allocations for your instance. If you get that it might make the process easier for you.

Also, the last post on this thread before yours was in may and you are asking a different question than the OP. Instead of resurrecting old threads with only faintly related questions it would have been better to start your own thread. However for simple questions like this there is an ask a simple question get a simple answer thread that is perfect for what you asked. I know its huge but the forum will alert you when someone has responded to you.

I hope you fix your id problem.

Thing is, the reason i need to change IDs is because I want to change a tekkit server to a feed the beast. However, doing all of that manually is far to time consuming, is there any easier way?

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
You could see if the tool I linked works. That changes the ids of the blocks in the world so you don't need to adjust your configs which might be better for a server.

EDIT: Of course, this will be time consuming too but you only have to do it once.