Carrot planting?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the Farmer with a Combine for wheat planting, and have wheat going to a feeder for cow breeding and it all works great. Is there any way to duplicate this process for carrots, and a feeder type machine for feeding/breeding pigs?

Also, is there some way to divert only half of the wheat from the feeder so I can store some wheat in a chest for making bread?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Carrots and Potatoes are now Farm and Combine compatible. There is also a feeding station from Railcraft which you can use to breed/feed pigs.

If you have an intersection, roughly half of the materials passing through will take the split. You can use this to shunt off some of your wheat to make bread. If you've gotten into beekeeping, you can then make Honeyed Slices which are quite tasty and filling.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
Is this true for the 1.4.2 FTB Beta Pack (whichever version of Forestry is with that) because I tried putting carrots in. It creates the dirt, and tills the earth but no carrots get planted.