Carpenter making MC Crash

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Hi again!

I am aware that I'm running a lot of extra mods, together with the DW20 pack, so probably one of them is the culprit (for some reason I keep thinking of Galacticraft).

Any player that right clicks on the carpenter, is getting crashed out.

I can never understand crash logs, so a little help with pointing me in the right direction, would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas btw <3

http://pastebin.com/EXXRk4Z4

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. One thought is that it might be a conflict between the carpenter ID and something else. It could even be different from a block ID conflict and be something related to the programming, where the game is trying to access something through the carpenter, but is being denied and thus the game crashes.

I am just throwing this out there, I have no idea how to identify the error, but it would seem that whenever mods conflict, the chance for this to occur can happen. Galacticraft (iirc) is a pretty big mod and even causes you to build new sub-worlds within yours (similar to Mystcraft). If those new sub-worlds have programming that require the re-integration of all the blocks available into the new physics/programming, etc. of the sub-world, that might be the source of "dividing by zero".

Try building a new world. Enable galaticraft and try to simulate what causes the crashes in a very simple, controlled experiment. If it does, try disabling galaticraft and see what happens then. If it begins to work, it points towards what I have suggested above. That fix would involve changing the mod itself and might not be a simple fix.

Is this the BC/Forestry carpenter we're talking about?

trab

Jul 29, 2019
I have my own pack and my ID's are nearly completely reassigned serverwide (because I wanted to do it).
It is also thoroughly tested and examined to make sure there are zero conflicts.
Oh and it can't Galacticraft, because the pack doesn't include it.
From what I understand of the first line of the error it is purely a Forestry error.
I am using Forestry 2.3.0.7 as noted in my paste, you error is from 2.3.1.0 so it has not been fixed.

Here is my pastebin: http://pastebin.com/XWgPT5A4

It should be mentioned that this thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf-20-1-6-4-public-beta.35476/page-18#post-500042 had a paste with the same error, although the paste itself is removed, it still shows up in google for the error.
Further to that the poster's mentioning of using redstone energy conduit causing the crash is not always true.
If the error has already happened once then that carpetner can crash now with nothing connected to it...
Also my initial setup was with Mekanism Universal Cable.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
The last time I saw a crashlog like that it was an old API in one of the mods that was causing it I'm not saying that is the case here but getting all the mods up to date would probably be a good idea in any case.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
In all fairness, I posted this when the DW20 pack was still at like 1.0.5.

It's now at 1.0.11, and I've moved on to the Monster pack. Dunno if my OP is still relevant.