Can't switch modes on any IC2 items?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I had this issue before with the jetpack, but now I'm having it with the laser too.

Whenever I hold down M and right click, nothing happens. I've checked my controls and nothing's conflicting with the M key and M is bound to 'switch modes'. I've tried holding down every other button and right clicking but nothing happens.

I'm playing on the most recent release of the Ultimate pack (1.1.2 I think?) and I'm on a flatgrass map with cheats enabled and modified world generation (1 block of grass on the top, 50 blocks of dirt below that, and then 1 layer of bedrock below that). I have MPS armor equipped and an MPS power tool, along with an infinite sojourners' staff, and an omniwrench. Nothing else is in my inventory. I've tried this both with the normal cheated-in mining laser that comes with 200,000 EU and the infinite cheated-in mining laser that's put in a stack of 111. The infinite stack mining laser has 0 EU when I spawn it in. I'm near a village and currently only villager entities are being rendered. I have tried this both blindfolded and unblindfolded. I have also tried eating enchiladas while doing this. I have had no success either while blindfolded or eating the enchiladas, unfortunately.

I have checked and my keyboard is working perfectly fine and the laser will fire like normal when I right click, either with holding down the M key or without. My mouse is a cable mouse as well, and it's also perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

noobbyte

Jul 29, 2019
if you're using rei's, i'm pretty sure there's a bug that causes M functions to not work even when you reassign the keybind for the minimap menu.
if you're using voxel, just change the map keybind, it doesn't show conflicts because voxel's dumb

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I've changed the minimap button to ~ (grave tilde/that Spanish thing).

I'm using voxel, by the way.

Also, I've checked all the key bindings for all the mods that have their own menu for changing controls. None of them use the M key.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Rebind the change mode key to something different. I always have this problem too and usually change it to V.

That fixed it. Changed it to U. Usually if I can't find the keybind for something I just spam all the buttons, so no need to worry about giving it a keybind I won't remember.