Cant Play ANY 1.7.10 Modpacks

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Cant Play ANY 1.7.10 Modpacks
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Any 1.7.10 Packs
Modpack Version:
Any
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Any time i try to load any 1.7.10 modpacks I get the mojang screen which freezes at screenshot
1rcbio.png
. Happens for all 1.7.10 modpacks at the exact same point

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
The first thing i would do is upgrade to Java 8_45

Then allocate more ram. this is what your current allocation is
-Xms256M -Xmx1536M -XX:permSize=256m

I would use at minimum 2GB(2048MB) but even that is low.
Personally i use 4GB.

Another thing you can do if clean out your FTB folder, and reinstall the packs/ force update

Last edited:

delet3r

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same crash. Every mod pack, and it crashes at the exact same place its crashing for you.

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Also it always happens with cofh core or in departed There is Not cohfcore But i get the Same error with enchidiridion 2 i think if i remove the mod it works fine i Dont know Why But There could be the Same issue for cohfcore and enchidiridion 2

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
so any fix? there must be a ton of people having this problem...ill try to run departed and see if it works and i wanna try to run skyfactory 2 because i know for sure that one used to run. BRB

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Yup same here, departed crashes at enchidiridion 2, Sky Factory 2 on the ATLauncher also crashes at CoFH Core and I used to play that one all the time (As of a few weeks ago). I dont understand as all 1.6.4 packs and older launch without issue

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
And also just to add i tried to disable CoFH Core and run Lite 3 and it made it through forge building everything but then i get an error on splash telling me CoFH Core is not present. So its definately something to do with CoFH core. about to see if i can find a config file for it and start messing with stuff.

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
nevermind way too many config files for CoFH Core. Gonna have to wait for somebody who knows what theyre doing to give me a little direction. Oh Well.. Back to Crash Landing

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
The Reason is the recent cohfcore Version if you Use a little oder Version Its supposed to work MAYBE you have to Change the forge Version

Player

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling the loading screen in config/splash.properties by setting enabled to false.

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling the loading screen in config/splash.properties by setting enabled to false.

Did that and the game opened in a blank window taking up the bottom right square inch of the window...menu was not visible so completely unplayable

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
The Reason is the recent cohfcore Version if you Use a little oder Version Its supposed to work MAYBE you have to Change the forge Version
These are all the mods being installed by the launchers...so i assume its broken for everybody?? Seems like it should be a pretty high priority fix since its a problem with ANY 1.7.10 modpacks. Every 1.7.10 modpack i try on ANY launcher is broken (FTB Launcher, Technic Launcher, and ATLauncher) Dont really know enough about modding to downgrade CoFH core. Wouldnt i have to change other mods and configs so theyre all still compatible. I thought that was the launchers job.....to keep my modpacks woreking and up to date....Not to break them all. Seems pretty stupid

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Image showing really bad solution
Everyone ignore that run java with admin account "fix". It probably won't fix anything but grants full admin access for every java application in your machine. Which means that those applications can install new binaries(including malware) and change settings without triggering UAC.

If you are suggesting people to run java with admin account please also tell whan bad consecuenses that solution will have.

Edit: quoted post removed

These are all the mods being installed by the launchers...so i assume its broken for everybody?? Seems like it should be a pretty high priority fix since its a problem with ANY 1.7.10 modpacks. Every 1.7.10 modpack i try on ANY launcher is broken
No, it not broken for everybody: http://hopper.minecraft.net/help/references/intel-4-series-chipsets/ and https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/509

I thought that was the launchers job.....to keep my modpacks woreking and up to date....Not to break them all. Seems pretty stupid
Launcher's job is to update modpacks. Launcher does not know which mods will work with your GPU.

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I just used Curse and got the FTB packs from there. It will launch the vanilla launcher with forge and the other mods installed, it will take up more hard drive space but that probably isn't a problem but it actually works for me.

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone ignore that run java with admin account "fix". It probably won't fix anything but grants full admin access for every java application in your machine. Which means that those applications can install new binaries(including malware) and change settings without triggering UAC.

If you are suggesting people to run java with admin account please also tell whan bad consecuenses that solution will have.

No, it not broken for everybody: http://hopper.minecraft.net/help/references/intel-4-series-chipsets/ and https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/509

Launcher's job is to update modpacks. Launcher does not know which mods will work with your GPU.

they all worked fine a couple weeks ago..how stupid

LiftedCoyote

Jul 29, 2019
I just used Curse and got the FTB packs from there. It will launch the vanilla launcher with forge and the other mods installed, it will take up more hard drive space but that probably isn't a problem but it actually works for me.

Tried Curse Voice...Same Error. Thanks for the info though. Pretty cool little piece of software that Curse Voice