Can't get the texture packs to work at all

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

dancodan

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Can't get the texture packs to work at all
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB unleashed
Modpack Version:
Recommended
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I have always in the past just downloaded FTB, clicked the soarex texture pack, activated it in game and it has worked like a charm.
Now the launched says that it is not supported, in fact no texture packs are supported any longer with the Unleashed version. (we are playing on a Unleashed rented server).
I googled a bit and read that you can manually download it, and it worked. But no textures changed in-game. I tried 4 different packs and no one changed any texture.

So after some further googling I read that you no longer use texture packs, you use resource packs instead. And it's simple, just download it. Open the start meny search and type %appdata%, and put it in /minecraft/recourcepacks.
But there are no folder with that name. I even tried to create one, but when I am ingame I have no recourcepack option, I just have the standard old texture packs.
It seems like I can't use any textures at the moment except vanilla default?

Please help me guys, I just rented a server for 20$ a month so that my kid, and my friends kids would be able to play together with us.

Thanks and best regards
Daniel

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Goto your control panel and folder options click show all folders then goto the view tab and click show all hidden files and folders.
Anyways the %appdata% is not for your FTB. It is under your C: FTB click that then click minecraft then find the version you are playing which yours is unleashed. Then get in there somewhere should be texture or resource pack. Put the texture pack you downloaded in that folder:) I may have missed one or two steps but all those are so close you will figure it out. I am at school right now lol Also texture pack and resource pack to what I know is the exact same thing. But hey I could be wrong

dancodan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks idjmleader.
I think I have figured it out. Unleashed only exists in version 1.5.2 (or something like that) which seems to be a while ago. The FTB launcher only tried to download the latest texture packs which isnt compatible with the unleashed mod. I had to go to Soarex texture packs webpage and download the old version in the archives for 1.5.2-
It works now (A few minerals and items does not have the proper textures, but its pretty ok now)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks idjmleader.
I think I have figured it out. Unleashed only exists in version 1.5.2 (or something like that) which seems to be a while ago. The FTB launcher only tried to download the latest texture packs which isnt compatible with the unleashed mod. I had to go to Soarex texture packs webpage and download the old version in the archives for 1.5.2-
It works now (A few minerals and items does not have the proper textures, but its pretty ok now)
Oh sweet at least you got it to work!