Cant electrolyze bauxite dust

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
I put a stack of bauxite dust and a stack of empty cells in the Industrial electrolyzer, But nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong? there is no other use of bauxite dust.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Remember that the Electrolyzer requires a CONSTANT supply of 128 eu/t. Any less and it won't work, as it has no internal buffer.

You likely just don't have an adequately-dedicated power source to it. A dedicated MFE or better PER electrolyzer is required to run it. One MFE can't run two Electrolyzers, as it only puts out 128 eu/t; enough to run one of them.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Remember that the Electrolyzer requires a CONSTANT supply of 128 eu/t. Any less and it won't work, as it has no internal buffer.

Not correct, the electrolyzer does have an internal buffer for several thousand EU.

But yes, in order to run the full electrolysis, that's not gonna be anywhere near enough.

@Affex: Are the dust and the cells in the correct slots? Sometimes when shiftclicking, items can end up in the wrong ones.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Not correct, the electrolyzer does have an internal buffer for several thousand EU.

But yes, in order to run the full electrolysis, that's not gonna be anywhere near enough.

@Affex: Are the dust and the cells in the correct slots? Sometimes when shiftclicking, items can end up in the wrong ones.

Ah. Well, the internal buffer is negligible to the point that it may as well not even be there.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
That's a better way of putting it :p

(Sorry I'm German, OCD is a racial passive for us. We do get a nifty +2 on engineering to make up for it though...)

Reactions: Poppycocks

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
That's a better way of putting it :p

(Sorry I'm German, OCD is a racial passive for us. We do get a nifty +2 on engineering to make up for it though...)

Haha, it's no problemo.

I honestly didn't know it even had an internal buffer.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Re OP: It's hard to guess without a screenshot, but are you using actual IC2 cells, and not cans/capsules/etc? Only the cells will work.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Everything is working fine now, The MFE it was sitting on didnt have the output to the electrolyzer. Thanks anyways guys :)