Can't craft Wand of the Adept

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, maybe you can help me. This has been driving me nuts. I'm trying to create a Wand of the Adept. I have research done, I've created, not one, not two, but THREE Wands of the Apprentice, have an Infusion Altar and a Crucible nearby (see screenshot.) I put the mats in the Infusion Altar, along with two of the wands. 16 Precantio flashes in the bottom saying I need it. I drop 2 Vis shards and 2 of another for a total of 16 Precantio into the crucible, hit it with the wand, the chime sounds and the water disappears, yet nothing happens in the Infusion Altar. It stays flashing purple as if the aspect never goes. What gives? Is this thing bugged? I'm using Mindcrack 8.2.

Attachments

• 2013-03-29_18.53.47.png
    2013-03-29_18.53.47.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 2013-03-29_18.55.36.png
    2013-03-29_18.55.36.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 92

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, never mind, I figured it out. DON'T hit the crucible with your wand after throwing in the mats that will give you the 16 praecantio! That was my mistake. I'm such a Thaumcraft noob. Well, in case anyone else is having the same problem, that's how it's done. I thought you had to hit the crucible with your wand every time you wanted to release Aspects. I guess not. Good to know!

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, dont make many items now since when you hit the crucible with ur wand, it released those aspects as flux, so you may have med, high or even dangerous flux levels now :D

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, dont make many items now since when you hit the crucible with ur wand, it released those aspects as flux, so you may have med, high or even dangerous flux levels now :D

Yea, I noticed that as soon as I finished crafting my goggles :X What's a good way to get rid of flux? It was reading high, I stopped all Thaumcraft stuff for a while and it went to Normal, went back to doing some research (no crafting) and it went back to high again!

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
You could about-face lickety-split and throw all your Science into getting the Node Purify aspects of Thaumic Bees. I'm not very experienced with bees, though (I usually don't bother) so I can't offer specifics.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I waited and it went down to Moderate and then to Normal. Could I have planted a Silverwood tree to help with that? Make a more pure node or something?

MushroomDynamo - I'm looking to get into bees very soon, actually, so that may be an option for the future.

Jul 29, 2019
I'd highly recomend researching the magical hoe of growth (not exact name) and search for a tonne of silverwood tree saplings, planting the silverwoods down in near enough the same place (chopping them down after each plant) and making a huge pure node (cuz thats what the silverwoods make) then when you get further into thaumcraft you "may" be able to move the node with a certain contraption to merge with the node you use atm and make a HUGE (1000 vis+) node, which will be pure (it will casually get rid of flux slowly)

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Funny you say that, that's exactly what I started doing. The nodes move ...so.... slowly. I'm not sure how accurate the wiki is about the range, though. I took the max vis capacity x 0.25 and that's supposed to be the range in which the nodes will combine and that doesn't always seem to be the case. I found that 10 or 11 blocks works, though. So I've been planting silverwood saplings, using the hoe of growth to insta-grow them, chopping them down and then combining the nodes to make a bigger pure node. The only issue is that doing that creates flux, so I've had a wisp problem lately. :p

FTB Proffesor

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing i say to anoter topic:
Plant soo many silverwood trees you can until your flux level fall down!
Anoter tip: Make a flux filter.

FTB Proffesor

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing i say to anoter topic:
Plant soo many silverwood trees you can until your flux level fall down!
Anoter tip: Make a flux filter.

FTB Proffesor
With that solution, you'll get more flux before you get less. Like, way more. The problem with creating large nodes is that they tend to get rather large amounts of flux built up in them when you merge them. After that happens, it takes a long time for the flux to dissipate, even when it is pure. Really, it's best to wait until your flux levels are already down to merge up a few nodes.

Reactions: LittleMike

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Liara - I was going to say, I tried that and wound up getting flux to dangerous levels because of exactly what you said. I screwed it up so bad, I just wound up resetting the config and had it regenerate all the nodes. :( Now I know for next time. I really hate the node mechanics. I love everything else about TC3, though.

FTB Proffesor

Jul 29, 2019
With that solution, you'll get more flux before you get less. Like, way more. The problem with creating large nodes is that they tend to get rather large amounts of flux built up in them when you merge them. After that happens, it takes a long time for the flux to dissipate, even when it is pure. Really, it's best to wait until your flux levels are already down to merge up a few nodes.

Huh... Seriosly
The silverwood is making parts of flux in every tree and it will be temporary at moderate - minimal level and then you need to make a flux filter becouse that will prevent the flux to get higher :3 We did that and it works for me :)