Problem Can't Connect to My Server

HandmadeTurnip

Jul 29, 2019
I have a FTB server hosted by CreeperHost but ever since I set it up, I've been unable to connect. Everyone else on the server (20 or so people) has no connection issues whatsoever. Here's the error I get:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

And here's my log: http://pastebin.com/Li8x3Ysb

Occasionally I can kind of login but I just end up falling through darkness. Most of the time it just gets stuck on 'downloading terrain' before giving me the error.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it; restarting the server, reinstalling FTB, turning off my firewall, starting a fresh world, deleting my player file. Nothing has worked so far.

I don't have any problems connecting to other FTB or Vanilla servers so it seems to be something about this server in particular. And while I don't have the greatest internet connection, it's usually around 2mb/s and the server is hosted in the same country as me so surely I should be able to at least connect some of the time?

Any help you could give would be appreciated

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The error is a bit generic so we're going to have to experiment here, firstly try this:

Edit FTBBETAA\minecraft\config\ic2.cfg and set

# Enable sounds
soundsEnabled=false

Let me know if that fails and we'll move on.

HandmadeTurnip

Jul 29, 2019
The error is a bit generic so we're going to have to experiment here, firstly try this:

Edit FTBBETAA\minecraft\config\ic2.cfg and set

# Enable sounds
soundsEnabled=false

Let me know if that fails and we'll move on.

Nope, didn't help. :(

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The error reads like a network fault but for the life of me I can't think what would cause such a thing unless you run through a proxy or have possibly contracted a trojan which is messing about with your internet traffic.

Do a IPCONFIG /ALL in a cmd window and make sure IPv4 network address is populated as MC doesn't work on IPv6.

I take it vanilla MC was ok or could you not play that either online?

HandmadeTurnip

Jul 29, 2019
There is an IPv4 address when I run that command, yeah.

Vanilla MC works fine, as do other FTB servers. That's what confuses me, the problem shouldn't be on my end because I can connect to other servers fine but then the problem can't be on the server's end either because no one else has a problem connecting.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Oh he hasn't changed or updated or added any other mods to that server has he?

Also when you're finding that out ask him if he changed any of the server MOD configs.

HandmadeTurnip

Jul 29, 2019
I own the server, I just don't host it myself. The server is the latest version, as is my client, and the only mods I've added have been a couple of protection forge mods. That hasn't stopped anyone else being able to connect and the problem existed before I even added them anyway.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Stab in the dark here but try java 7 - 32 bit, I had a problem in the past that I need that installed for the 64 bit to work properly (so I had both 32 and 64 bit Java installed).

Edit - before you do that edit fighu's permissions and remove yourself as owner (if that's how you're set up).

HandmadeTurnip

Jul 29, 2019
I already had both 32 and 64-bit but I tried reinstalling both of them, I also deleted my player file in the permissions folder. Neither made any difference.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
ok time to get drastic - go onto your server and RENAME the front part of your player file in \world\players

HandmadeTurnip

Jul 29, 2019
I already tried deleting my player file completely, it didn't do anything.

EDIT: I've fixed the problem now. When I forwarded my 25565 port ages ago, I set the IP address to 'any' but changing it to 'single' and entering my computer's IP allowed me to connect to FTB servers again. Thanks for the help though b0bst3r.