cannot update to V5 DW20 pack from V4 DW20 pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
i found out that i can download the V5 of the DW 20 pack but sadly everytime i loadup my V4 world the screen just says. "building terrain" when loading world and then locks up.

anyway i can fix this or is waiting for the official release a better idea?

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
no it does not but i would like to not lose the world i have been working a long time on

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
@elkillo:
No idea, i do know V5 has the status internal testing and there are mods added to the pack (not only updated)
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf20.4829/

It could that it takes longer to the adding of the mods, could be that there is an conflict with an mod, i'm at work atm so can't test this
Twiligtforest does add a few things in the world, and extra bees tends to have some problems with the genetics.

Added ExtraBees 1.4.9.26-prerelease
Added TwilightForest 1.15.1

could you try if you disable twilight forest or extra bees if it works? incase it doesn't work the other way around? and report the findings?
the server i get on has upgraded to v5 and i want to get on
Does your get stuck on building terrein while connection to a server? if not please make a new topic

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
now when i try to load a fresh V5 (after backing up the minecraft folder ofc) it gives me a FML fatel error. at this point i think it would be better for me to wait.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
ive managed to figure out that if trying to add mystcraft to a world that doesn't have it installed the game crashes on trying ot build terrain i turned off mystcraft and my world upgraded without issue.\

Edit: thanks to direwolf20 and easy fix is to change the base default dimension ID to something other then 7 to get it not to conflict. i set it to 100 =D

Sam Emmott

Jul 29, 2019
ive managed to figure out that if trying to add mystcraft to a world that doesn't have it installed the game crashes on trying ot build terrain i turned off mystcraft and my world upgraded without issue.\

Edit: thanks to direwolf20 and easy fix is to change the base default dimension ID to something other then 7 to get it not to conflict. i set it to 100 =D

Hey thanks for the fix but how do i go about changing the base default dimension ID?

Sam Emmott

Jul 29, 2019
Also whenever i press save and quit it freezes on 'shutting down internal server' it also did this on V4 no idea why

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
ya basicly the twilight forest uses dimension 7 as its base ID direwolf explains how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.