Can you turn off sludge and slime pools?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to turn them off? I looked through the mfr config but could not find any thing.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
about halfway down the common mfr config

# Whether or not to generate MFR lakes during map generation
B:WorldGen.MFRLakes=false

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Awwe, what's ta matter! That stuff is awesome!!!

You know the sludge stuff? You can boil it and get goodies like sand, dirt, heat sand, quicksand, mud, soul sand, and tainted soil (or something that sounds even more cool than tainted soil ... like tortured dirt or maligned sod, perhaps it's abused terra firma dunno, but that dirts had it rough so you should say nice stuff to it so it doesn't get it's feelings too much more hurted)

Reactions: AlanEsh

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
It is kind of annoying. Is there a way to tone it down but not get rid of it?

I get that it's cool worldgen, but nobody needs THAT MUCH poop laying around their world.

Reactions: AlanEsh

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
It is kind of annoying. Is there a way to tone it down but not get rid of it?

I get that it's cool worldgen, but nobody needs THAT MUCH poop laying around their world.

in the lines just below the disable in config theres a rarity config, it's by default 32 i think

Reactions: Chocorate

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've been considering turning down the frequency in the configs I maintain, but tbh I just don't see them that often now that we have BoP working right. I see maybe 1-3 per biome and they're usually small.

Reactions: Chocorate

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you ever want to get rid of sewage? Try filling your friends house with it and you'll never go back!

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
nobody needs THAT MUCH poop laying around their world.

I beg to disagree! Everybody should experience the joy of poop, be it spawning in it or falling into an underground poop lake while digging out a basement.

Also remember in 2.6 poop lakes in mushroom biomes are mushroom soup lakes and don't you want to drink soup from a lake in the ground that looks kinda like poop and wait how did this get here anyway?

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
I beg to disagree! Everybody should experience the joy of poop, be it spawning in it or falling into an underground poop lake while digging out a basement.

Also remember in 2.6 poop lakes in mushroom biomes are mushroom soup lakes and don't you want to drink soup from a lake in the ground that looks kinda like poop and wait how did this get here anyway?

how high can you turn the config? can you make a whole sea of it?

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
At 1 it will generate one per chunk which while a lot of poop isn't an ocean. For that you'd need a mystcraft symbol.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
At 1 it will generate one per chunk which while a lot of poop isn't an ocean. For that you'd need a mystcraft symbol.
They are all over my Superflat world.
It's an Iron block, 63 high world and there is like 1 every 3 chunks.
Seriously.
I didn't even change the configs.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019

Please never change.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

Hah, I suppose, still, it spawns in some really random places like on top of twilight forest darkwood trees, deserts, sandstone deserts, redstone mountains. Basically places with not much animal life at all. Not a cow to be seen, nope, no sir'eee.

I wouldn't not at all mind if... they didn't.